Eviction Ban In Effect - Doesn't Seem To Require Proof

GH0ST

OT Supporter
Jul 5, 2003
GA
Awesome way to fuck over people like me that rent a single property and aren't rich. Can I also tell the mortgage company I can't make payments? Of course not. Can't wait for the renter to use this to avoid paying. Fuck this shit.

Who’s eligible?

You’ll need to attest on a declaration form that you expect to earn less than $99,000 a year in 2020 (for couples, less than $198,000), that you have received a stimulus check or that you weren’t required to pay income taxes in 2019.

You’ll also need to confirm that you tried to get any available government housing assistance, that you’re unable to make rent due to “substantial loss of household income,” a lay-off or extraordinary out-of-pocket medical expenses, that being evicted would require you to double up with others or become homeless and that you promise to make partial payments to the best of your ability.

It doesn’t appear that documentation will be required.

FutureMan

On the rights of your wealth, I disagree
OT Supporter
Aug 28, 2002
Liberal Enclave of Darien, CT
part of the risk you take on when renting a property is the renter being unable to pay
a once in a century pandemic is a situation where your renter is likely unable to pay
sorry your investment isn't just free money during the pandemic
F7J8kOd_d.jpg

Grape_Ape

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2003
The A
Maybe you should be more upset that your government is 27 trillion in debt yet hands out billions to large corporations but when it comes time for every one else there just isn’t enough to go around for some reason.

Last edited:

victor77

Internet Crew
OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2011
Internets
Yeah but large banks own the govt and don't give a shit about people like you. So yeah that sucks.

mollywhop

🤙 Dick was moist as fuck 🤙
OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
part of the risk you take on when renting a property is the renter being unable to pay
a once in a century pandemic is a situation where your renter is likely unable to pay
sorry your investment isn't just free money during the pandemic
and this is coming from a dude who literally makes his tenants have sex with him on top of paying over market rent

Mrfrosty

Club Astros member #0001.
OT Supporter
Nov 3, 2008
Metry, LA
Funny enough some landlord down here is banned from his properties because of shit like that though :rofl:

vr6vdub

Formz can't handle his emotions.
OT Supporter
Apr 11, 2009
nova
I'm lucky I rent to an active duty Marine. I could afford to pay both mortgages though if I was forced to.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor