ex-Michigan Gov. Snyder and others have been told they’re being charged in Flint water scandal

smell my finger

strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,
Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
how much culpability does the governor have here? I mean, I know what happened in Flint in terms of long term lead exposure, but did the gov. do something that directly lead to the situation persisting/getting worse?

MZ2215

Yep
Jul 21, 2001
Michigan
how much culpability does the governor have here? I mean, I know what happened in Flint in terms of long term lead exposure, but did the gov. do something that directly lead to the situation persisting/getting worse?

It's going to be interesting. The state sent emergency managers in that ultimately made the decision to switch the water supply, then everyone that could possibly fail at their job, did. Water wasn't treated correctly so it ate the pipes, people testing either didn't test right or didn't report what was going on. Then when people started to ask questions everyone pointed at someone else and said "they were in charge"

Reactions: smell my finger

smell my finger

strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,
Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
It's going to be interesting. The state sent emergency managers in that ultimately made the decision to switch the water supply, then everyone that could possibly fail at their job, did. Water wasn't treated correctly so it ate the pipes, people testing either didn't test right or didn't report what was going on. Then when people started to ask questions everyone pointed at someone else and said "they were in charge"
that's kinda what I remember, huge fuck up at all stages

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026