eye contact with women.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by sosick, Oct 19, 2006.

1. sosick

sosick New Member

just wondering how much eye contact is comfortable for women when out with a guy youve just met.

another question. can you tell if a guy is checking you out with your peripheral vision? how do you feel if you sense a guy is checking you out?

2. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

1) Stop caring so much about what she thinks. Do what you want and what feels right.
    2) Learn to calibrate. There is good EC and there is creepy EC. Go out in the field and practice it.
    3) Buy an av.

3. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Holy shit, you asked a question that applies to every woman in general! This definitely has to do with gender, and is definitely not a personal thing.

Always watch them womenz out of your peripheral vision, never look them in the eye directly...i hear its a sign of aggression :dunno:

4. Toda Party

Toda Party .....

Look a woman in her eyes when you speak to her. Actually, look everyone in their eyes when you speak to them.

5. Lucifer

Lucifer New Member

6. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

:werd: there is nothing worse than someone that wont look you in the eyes when talking to you.

If you cant look someone in the eye, they will walk all over you.

7. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

I am not a big fan of eye contact freaks me out..but if its important

kids wont look your square int he eye untill they are atleast 4

8. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

Let me expound on 'calibration' in my post above:

Creepy EC:
    Lingering eye contact + Agressive bodylanguage, frown, situated body too 'open' or directed too much towards target = target looks away before you do and gets creeped out

Attractive EC:
    Lingering eye contact + Laid back bodylanguage, smile, body not TOO open or directed too much towards the target = target looks down before you do, maybe blushes, and is attracted

Girls, think of a time you made eye contact with someone who creeped you out. NOW think of a time that you made eyecontact with a guy and immediately were attracted to him. Think about everything else about the guy, and what it was that attracted you. Confidence? Bodylanguage? Just plain hot?

9. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

Direct constant eye contact is always freaky.. if im telling someone something important i look them square in the face untill im done telling them something then ill look away.. notmaly when im focused on something im not paying attition

I also look to the right when im thinking about somethign or trying to recall something

10. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Why do you find it freaky when people keep direct constant eye contact? Id rather you be staring at my eyes than my face? Eye contact makes things personal...and unless someone has something to hide they have no reason not to keep eye contact. The eyes are very telling of someone as they speak, reading eyes can tell you alot more than what they are saying with their mouth.

11. Toda Party

Toda Party .....

Getting freaked out by holding eye contact is a sign of nervousness/lack of confidence.

12. Vixxen

Vixxen New Member

:bigthumb:

13. Vixxen

Vixxen New Member

and dishonesty, as well. if people can't look me in the eye when i'm talking to them i usually think they're shady

14. gkremian

gkremian New Member

I usually give off that vibe. I had a major confidence issue for most of my life, and I've been changing that. However, eye contact is still something that feels unnatural to me. Most people like me, but on some level think I'm a very sketchy character and that doesn't bode well with anyone :ugh: I'm definitely improving though. :bigthumb:

Always make eye contact, just dont make the wrong kind. Being laid back = good to go. I've been finding that that works for me relatively well, and I even experimented with body language during some classes and found that the more relaxed I was the easier it was to make positive eye contact.

15. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

I have a friend whose eyes sometimes wander around my face when we're talking. It is incredibly distracting for me. Somebody who doesn't even look in your direction at all is even worse, and it definetley feels like they're up to no good, even if they're just shy.

16. bandwagon

bandwagon Copy/Paste

This is partly how I screen out low self esteem girls when I meet them.

17. OoOlAlA

OoOlAlA New Member

if you cant look into a persons eyes, look at their forehead it looks like yuo are looking in there eyes. My friend taught me that one.

18. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

have great self confidence and nervousness is never an issue with me I am an out going good looking gal.. I will look you directly in the eye if I have something to tell you but if I am in a conversation and I am busy doing something or watching all the kids play I will look at you and tell you then carry on what I am doing..

But then again if I am talking to you and I see a HUGE ass zit on your face ill stair at that for a while..

I also have a photographic memory so I usually take in all the features of the face and I take in ALL body language not just what their eyes are doing..

If I am having a 30 mins convo with you I guarantee my eye will not be 100% your eyes.. Body language has a lot more to with then JUST your eyes.

you guys mind find this intresting
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_language

19. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

im also an honest person.. sometimes too honest.. :hsugh:

20. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

I also view someone looking 100% in to your eyes the whole convo to be annoying because it usally means they are day dreaming or zoning out.. not paying attition

21. Toda Party

Toda Party .....

If you're BUSY, that's an entirely different story. We're not talking about situations where you're trying to multi-task though.

22. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

How can you daydream by looking someone else in the eyes. Thats why eye contact is so important, you tell much easier what is going on in someone elses head.

Maybe your lack of eye contact has put you at a disadvantage of reading others emotions through their eyes. Eye contact is a very powerful thing, and its never to late to learn how to work it to your advantage.

23. Bouwnt

Bouwnt choppa choppaaa

Werd.

Listen to yr p33n.

24. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

negitive.. body language has more to do with THE WHOLE BODY not just what the eyes are saying.. its very easy to fake eye movement... I am not at any disadvantage if you honstly think that the eyes are the only body part that will tell you what you need to know your at the disadvantage..
    Havent you ever heard the expresson "lost in someones eyes" it means they are very enchanted with the WHOLE person and the eyes are just the gate way..

25. greenpillow

greenpillow New Member

yes it give you that weird feeling kinda a fuzzy feeling like static