LOVE Eyebrow Piercing ?? Help

kamiraa

OT Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
11,369
Texas
Sup Yall, I had my eye brow piercing done June 15th 2006. Almost a year ago. The guy kinda did a wierd job, all the piercers that see it said it almost looks like a surface piercing (Il post pics when I get home tommorow) . Anyways I still have the ring (pressure ball) in it. I ussualy sleep on the side of the eye brow ring. Even If I fall asleep on my right side , I ussualy wake up on my left side.

Anyways, I think the ring gets pushed up because I ussualy wake up with it red near the bottom. It bubbled up a few times on the bottom , I popped it and drained it. When I was sleeping over at my ex's house it healed really nicely within two weeks, I couldnt roll over, she was on that side, and she had really soft pillows.

Would changing to a curved barbell help? What can I do?

I been cleaning it every day with antibacterial. Why does it bubble up every once in a while? I think its scaring bad on the top . . .

Please Help, thanks in advance.
 

audrey

New Member
Jan 9, 2005
2,523
Down Under
What do you mean it looks like a surface piercing? I would assume it was a surface piercing :dunno:


The scars will only get worse as your body tries to push it out. If i were you, I would take it out and get dermal anchors :naughty:
 

Cherryfire

"If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci
Jun 26, 2003
3,536
Austin, TX
audrey said:
The scars will only get worse as your body tries to push it out. If i were you, I would take it out and get dermal anchors :naughty:

You were joking but honestly, thats kind of the route one of the piercers at our studio is taking with clients;offering anchors instead of the "standard" method of piercing the eyebrow. It looks really cool and doesnt have the rate of rejection that the piercing has normally had in the past.

However, to answer your question, I've never liked rings in most any piercing except the lips. They snag, they try and migrate out...in your case I'd rather go with a curved barbell.

OH..and STOP POPPING THE BUMP YOURE GETTING. That is caused by irritation and by lancing it-guess what? Youre irritating it. It'll be a nice little cycle of "pop, bump, pop, bump" that Im sure will get old for you and leave you with a nice ugly scar later.

I suggest switching the ring to a curved barbell and then applying H2Ocean or saline to the piercing 2-3 times daily until the irritation goes away then a maintainence application of 1-2 times until it is healed. Stop touching it, be mindful of your sleeping habits, of how youre putting and taking shirts off, etc.. and hopefully this piercing will work out for you. :)
 
TS
TS
kamiraa

kamiraa

OT Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
11,369
Texas
Cherryfire said:
You were joking but honestly, thats kind of the route one of the piercers at our studio is taking with clients;offering anchors instead of the "standard" method of piercing the eyebrow. It looks really cool and doesnt have the rate of rejection that the piercing has normally had in the past.

However, to answer your question, I've never liked rings in most any piercing except the lips. They snag, they try and migrate out...in your case I'd rather go with a curved barbell.

OH..and STOP POPPING THE BUMP YOURE GETTING. That is caused by irritation and by lancing it-guess what? Youre irritating it. It'll be a nice little cycle of "pop, bump, pop, bump" that Im sure will get old for you and leave you with a nice ugly scar later.

I suggest switching the ring to a curved barbell and then applying H2Ocean or saline to the piercing 2-3 times daily until the irritation goes away then a maintainence application of 1-2 times until it is healed. Stop touching it, be mindful of your sleeping habits, of how youre putting and taking shirts off, etc.. and hopefully this piercing will work out for you. :)


Where to get the h20cean or saline? Btw hot AV. Il go get the ring changed this friday when I get a chance to run to the piercer.
 

Cherryfire

"If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci
Jun 26, 2003
3,536
Austin, TX
kamiraa said:
Where to get the h20cean or saline? Btw hot AV. Il go get the ring changed this friday when I get a chance to run to the piercer.


H2Ocean is found at piercing and sometimes tattooing studios. Saline is just your basic 0.9% Sodium Chloride Solution and is found in Contact Lens Solution, which you can buy in any grocery store, usually found in the pharmacy isle. (if you read the ingredients or buy a generic brand it will say Sodium Chloride and if you taste it, it will have a very slight salty taste).
 

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

  • Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
185
Guests online
23
Total visitors
208

Forum statistics

Threads
369,479
Messages
16,886,908
Members
86,873
Latest member
vitalesan