ART Fall in duh Mountuns!

Idyfohu

Oct 29, 2003
Utah
Have a few family/couple shoots coming up in the mountains so figured I'd test the waters and scope out some spots. Brought along my trusty 28" Apollo, had a SB-900 with a TT1/TT5 setup and considering I was lugging it around and had my patient daughter with me, I think it went pretty well. I figure for 2-3 people this softbox/setup should work just fine and it's too cumbersome if I don't have an assistant to help out.

All of these shots except #2 have flash...and damn, some times Cottoning it is the way to go. :noes:

And lastly, finally broke out my 14-24mm (just trying to find scenarios where it seems appropriate to use). 9-13 were all shot with this, so if used correctly, it's not completely unusable for portraits. :big grin:

#1:
#2:
#3:
#4:
#5:
#6:
#7:
#9:
#10:
#11:
#12:
#13:

Last edited:

smaug

born to lose
Nov 9, 2001
Hamilton, Bermuda
great set..

I know you weren't trying to be pervert like, but I wouldn't suggest posing a young girl with her legs spread, like #8..

#11 is great..
#7 is great..
i like the depth of #5, i probably would have used a longer shutter though to get more of the natural light in the shot..

just my opinions :bigthumb:

TS
TS
Idyfohu

Idyfohu

Oct 29, 2003
Utah
great set..

I know you weren't trying to be pervert like, but I wouldn't suggest posing a young girl with her legs spread, like #8..

#11 is great..
#7 is great..
i like the depth of #5, i probably would have used a longer shutter though to get more of the natural light in the shot..

just my opinions :bigthumb:

I appreciate the comments on #8...it's my daughter so I'm well aware. If she had a skirt on or something to that effect then I wouldn't have posted them, but I do appreciate it and definitely noticed it (not ideal).

Thanks for the compliments man! :bigthumb:

#11 FTW

#6 is too bright for me..loses too many nuances in her face

and i heard she <3's animals

:coold:

let me ask you this..you posted 13..how many did you take, total?

Thanks Mike!

In this set, I shot about 125. On my typical shoots, I'll generally shoot about 400-500 (I shoot too much and take too much time) and will have about 50 shots that are good and then narrow those down to 10-15 that stand out.

smaug

born to lose
Nov 9, 2001
Hamilton, Bermuda
Yessir, that'd be me.

I ended up just taking it out...smaug got me all skurred.

I didn't even read his post. Must have missed it because I agree with what he said. I just didnt want to say it and feel like a creep. :o

I was trying to sound as non-creepy as possible..

the picture was technically good, the pose just needed work especially since it is a child.. i'm sure parents wouldn't want to see that picture sent to them from a session with their child..

since she is your daughter that probably didn't effect you, if someone else was the photog you might get a little creeped out.. removing it, is a safe move :bigthumb:

TS
TS
Idyfohu

Idyfohu

Oct 29, 2003
Utah
I was trying to sound as non-creepy as possible..

the picture was technically good, the pose just needed work especially since it is a child.. i'm sure parents wouldn't want to see that picture sent to them from a session with their child..

since she is your daughter that probably didn't effect you, if someone else was the photog you might get a little creeped out.. removing it, is a safe move :bigthumb:

Oh no worries man, I wasn't meaning you were creepy. Just lookin' out. :h5:

TS
TS
Idyfohu

Idyfohu

Oct 29, 2003
Utah

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan