FAO PNW Crew: Things get better up here right? :wtc: :rofl:

iLLt3ck

Aug 1, 2002
Pitted, so pitted
I've been in the PNW (Oregon / Washington) for the past month and it seems like it hasn't stopped raining until today. Last night there were 50+ mph winds and pouring rain with power going out for 4 hours. It was cool to see lines go down and the sky light up green / blue as transformers exploded across the Puget Sound but still. It's also wild to see how people live up here - was driving to Costco for dog food last night and dudes are doing their afternoon runs while it's pouring :rofl: Is the Summer / Fall worth it?

Grew up in a mild climate and despite traveling all over the US this is by far the worst weather I've experienced. New job is up here but working remotely until (and probably after) the vaccine has been deployed.

@CASUAL-SS @Gixxer @chornelium @12xalt @Evan

GRattu

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2007
We get like 2-3 months of sunshine and the rest of the time it's raining or snowing, buckle up buddy

Reactions: Gaunt

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
Bremerton is a bit more exposed so you have more weather out there. I wouldn't really want to live in Seattle proper personally, but lots of great options around depending on your price range and what kind of amenities you want to be around.

ObeyTheNoodle

Russian Warship, Go Fuck Yourself
Aug 3, 2001
Seattle
Summer doesn't begin until 7/5 and usually only last 2 weeks.

Last night was pretty intense. Enjoyed watching my neighbors trash and recycling cans go flying down the street but thought that a tree was gonna fall on my house any second.

TS
TS
iLLt3ck

iLLt3ck

Aug 1, 2002
Pitted, so pitted
Bremerton is a bit more exposed so you have more weather out there. I wouldn't really want to live in Seattle proper personally, but lots of great options around depending on your price range and what kind of amenities you want to be around.

My current, completely naive plan outside of Seattle proper is to try to live in the North Lake neighborhood and be walking distance to the bouldering gym there. Any feedback on the area? I've only spent time in Bellevue and Kirkland so I'll be learning the area while I stay in different areas.

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
Summer doesn't begin until 7/5 and usually only last 2 weeks.

Last night was pretty intense. Enjoyed watching my neighbors trash and recycling cans go flying down the street but thought that a tree was gonna fall on my house any second.
Our neighbor's arborvitaes were swinging maybe a foot away from our house/bedroom :bowdown:

Helluva show

ObeyTheNoodle

Aug 3, 2001
Seattle
Bremerton this week but I may decide to stick around and do some house hunting in Seattle proper next week.

I grew up in Kitsap County... I like it out there but it is a little isolated.

You doing military or government contract work?

TS
TS
iLLt3ck

iLLt3ck

Aug 1, 2002
Pitted, so pitted
How have most of these place in Bainbridge and similar areas not slid into the Sound already with all of this rain? The area seems ripe for mudslides.

TS
TS
iLLt3ck

iLLt3ck

Aug 1, 2002
Pitted, so pitted
I grew up in Kitsap County... I like it out there but it is a little isolated.

You doing military or government contract work?

Beautiful area - been on some great hikes up here. I'm finding places to stay around the PNW for a week at a time, buy groceries on the first day and just hang out to experience the area. Aside from runs, dog walks and hike I've been entirely inside.

So far I've spent time in Eugene Oregon, Vancouver Washington, and now Bremerton.

ObeyTheNoodle

Aug 3, 2001
Seattle
Wouldn't mind good Teriyaki recommendations and plan to hit up Din Tai Fung for some soup dumplings soon.

Fuck Din Tai Fung... DTF is good but super expensive and a pain to get into.

Puget Sound Area Xiao Long Bao Protips: Check out Mamadoughs in the Great Wall Shopping Center (Kent) if you want amazing juicy dumplings. Or try Doughzone if you're not close to Kent.

Last edited:
Reactions: turbo35
TS
TS
iLLt3ck

iLLt3ck

Aug 1, 2002
Pitted, so pitted
Fuck Din Tai Fung... DTF is good but super expensive and a pain to get into.

Puget Sound Area Xiao Long Nap Protips: Check out Mamadoughs in the Great Wall Shopping Center (Kent) if you want amazing juicy dumplings. Or try Doughzone if you're not close to Kent.
:bowdown: thanks :bigthumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman