fat contents of tuna

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by no come down, Aug 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. no come down

no come down ..... and in this place you'll see me OT Supporter

sup yo,

ive got two different brands of tuna with lemon pepper - both 100g in size. Now, one of these cans has a total of7g of fat - 1g saturated, 2.2 polyunsaturated, 3.8g monounsaturated, whereas the second can has a total of .9g fat - .2g polyun/monoun, but it has .2g of omega3(other can didnt mention omega3), which includes trace ammounts of EPA and DHA.

When either of them are on special i can get them for $1 a can - which is the better one, and why?

2. thebeave

thebeave New Member

Depends on what else you're eating and how it fits into your diet.

The one you are looking at with 7g of fat is probably in oil, while the one with .9g fat is in water. I just checked my cupboards and the can I accidentally bought (probably in the wrong bin when I grabbed a pile) in oil has 6g and the one in water has .5g.

It depends on what else you're eating and if you need the fat. I don't like how tuna tastes in oil and the quality of the oil in a $1 can is probably questionable.

3. Idea of Evil

Idea of Evil Struggle

fuck oily tuna

4. no come down

no come down ..... and in this place you'll see me OT Supporter

this is pretty much part of Pur's diet. Its slightly modified though - i eat the tuna out of a can as opposed to it being with rice+dressing

the one with very minimal fat though is actually adversited as being 98% fat free. It is in oil though, not water

I guess the question i was really asking was, is the fat in tuna good?i was under the impression that its good fat, ie everyone could use it? ala peanut butter, almonds etc

its only $1 on special - its usually $1-80 normal price, and its John West, so its not exactly home brand

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.