CREW FOOD FATTIE CREW: Why did none of you tell me about Sodium Citrate?

HUGE

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
CLIFFS: It helps turns cheese into a liquid that keeps it homogeneous so the fat doesn't separate so you can basically use any cheese for queso dip. I used this recipe at first to get a feel for it (don't use that much water though unless you like your queso thin). https://www.foodrepublic.com/recipes/take-modernist-cuisines-nacho-cheese-sauce-for-a-spin/

I used half pepper jack, half Colby/Monterey Jack, Rotel, chopped sautéd onions, a little whole milk to get the right consistency, and spicy Jimmy Dean sausage.

:yum:

Reactions: ballzofsteel83

smithers

Twitter bot
OT Supporter
Nov 26, 2004
NJ/Chicago/Nashville
ymxOJ4e.gif

TS
TS
HUGE

HUGE

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
Wife makes the Mac and cheese, that's prolly why I skip those threads.

kwhitelaw

OT Supporter
Sep 1, 2004
virginia
100% off topic...

talk to me about chilotes while it is in my head. On the border of sizing recs, will take any info there too

Ha they're weird for sure, comfy but I was only wearing around the house. I have the largest size and they fit snug, my wife was wearing my pair and they fit good on her too (meaning they have some stretch to them)

supposedly they ship with extra salmon soles but I didn't get any when I got my pair (easily 5+ years ago).. can't speak to durability overall as I didn't wear them much at first, forgot about them, and just came across them a couple months ago in storage

Reactions: firemunki

Scold

Nov 24, 2007
SJ,CA
Why would you use this for Mac and cheese when you can just make a bechamel sauce, add cheese, season and add your macaroni?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jexic84026