CAR Feel like I screwed up

kendog

Jul 4, 2006
I put on a bunch of stuff last night, got a little dark so not sure of outcome but it looked rlly good this morning . Assuming it looks good did i mess something up?

Cleaned with ONR no rinse. Applied meguiars show and shine 7... followed up with optimum quick wax and then ten minutes later applied some optiseal. Is this combination ok or am i going to corrode my paint off in some freak mixture?

I only had time to optiseal the front and hood, may do sides after work if its still clean after a wipe down if this combination is ok. I like the wet look, looks good on my 11 sonata limited, will post pics later

Scottwax

Making detailing great again!
May 5, 2000
Home of the Texas Rangers
#7 has a lot of oils in it, not sure Opti-Seal will bond properly without rewashing the car. Should look fine but you won't get the normal level of durability.

TS
TS
kendog

kendog

Jul 4, 2006
Any easy way to wash off the 7? Any glaze/wax that might work well under opti seal? Does the optimun spray on wax work well with glaze type prewax stuff?

Scottwax

Making detailing great again!
May 5, 2000
Home of the Texas Rangers
Optimum Car Wax should be fine over #7. Or you could wash the car and then apply Opti-Seal.

Optimum has a pretty good finishing polish called Optimum Finish. Very clear, wet shine.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btcdiana