SPORTS FEG is done - K1 sold

EG6

OT Supporter
Mar 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/new...xury-real-estate-rentals-and-investment-firm/

It is official, the rights to K-1's brand and future events has officially been sold, the reign of FEG has apparently come to a close. According to the reports being leaked by reputable sources in Japan straight from Kazuyoshi Ishii, K-1's rights have been transfered to Barbizon Co. Ltd. based out of Japan, which is a luxury real estate rentals and investment company. Only the rights to K-1 and associated trademarks have moved to Barbizon, including the DYNAMITE!!, World Grand Prix, K-1 GP and so forth.

machine

Welcome to the Machine
OT Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
DSotM
how so?

real estate company with no experience in the fight game and crap as far as liquid assets go. Doesn't exactly sound too promising to me.

actually liquidity is what the company will hopefully bring to the table.

i'm all for another affliction-type resurrection where someone who has no business being in the fight business throws lavish amounts of money at fighters to make amazing matchups for a short amount of time before folding :bowdown:

checkii

ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว
Jun 29, 2003
rain street
actually liquidity is what the company will hopefully bring to the table.

i'm all for another affliction-type resurrection where someone who has no business being in the fight business throws lavish amounts of money at fighters to make amazing matchups for a short amount of time before folding :bowdown:

"Barbizon Co,.Ltd was formed in 1967, currently employs 35 employees and has 484,000,000 Japanese yen (approximately 6.2 million dollars) in capital.

yeah, they're going to do a ton with 6mil (of which they cannot just spend nilly willy) and 35 people :rofl:

K1 is dead as dirt.

machine

Welcome to the Machine
OT Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
DSotM
"Barbizon Co,.Ltd was formed in 1967, currently employs 35 employees and has 484,000,000 Japanese yen (approximately 6.2 million dollars) in capital.

yeah, they're going to do a ton with 6mil (of which they cannot just spend nilly willy) and 35 people :rofl:

K1 is dead as dirt.

well shit. all i saw was the excerpt from TS's post saying it was a luxury real estate and investment company...i figured it had deep pockets.

why the hell are they buying up whats left of K1 then? sense, it makes none

checkii

ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว
Jun 29, 2003
rain street
well shit. all i saw was the excerpt from TS's post saying it was a luxury real estate and investment company...i figured it had deep pockets.

why the hell are they buying up whats left of K1 then? sense, it makes none
and keep in mind, that 6.2 mil is before buying the right to K-1.

This whole thing reeks of corruption. My guess is it's going to be a way for K-1 to absolve itself of debt and run under a different name.

which may sound cool, but i really just see it as grabbing at straws, and i'd rather see K-1 go gracefully into the abyss rather than turn into some ridiculous sideshow for people willing to get paid in ramen with empty arenas and no broadcasting deal.

saabguy

Saab-free since 2013. Mortgage guru
OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Loserville. Population: 1
and keep in mind, that 6.2 mil is before buying the right to K-1.

This whole thing reeks of corruption. My guess is it's going to be a way for K-1 to absolve itself of debt and run under a different name.

which may sound cool, but i really just see it as grabbing at straws, and i'd rather see K-1 go gracefully into the abyss rather than turn into some ridiculous sideshow for people willing to get paid in ramen with empty arenas and no broadcasting deal.

this is all being orchestrated by overeem so he doesn't have to defend his K-1 title

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor