Fellow Santas... Shipping question.

deaddweeb

Gundy, Gunder, Gunthy, Goonter, Günder... GUNTER!
OT Supporter
Aug 15, 2004
Everett, WA
I know it seems impersonal and all but due to covid and this year's hardships, is anyone just shipping directly from amazon or place of purchase (if online) to your elf? I like to have a personal touch but due to cost savings and such, and since shipping in general is so damn expensive, is this acceptable or seen as being too lazy?

Reactions: Super Dolemite

grizzy

OT Supporter
Sep 12, 2004
Cinci, OH
My big item was drop shipped just to save a little shipping money, and I'm sending the rest myself. Nothing home made this year though. There's nothing wrong with having something shipped directly, I assume some good stalking went into it and it's still a meaningful gift.

Reactions: Super Dolemite

Mr Coffee

Jun 25, 2006
Dublin, Ireland
I know it seems impersonal and all but due to covid and this year's hardships, is anyone just shipping directly from amazon or place of purchase (if online) to your elf? I like to have a personal touch but due to cost savings and such, and since shipping in general is so damn expensive, is this acceptable or seen as being too lazy?

Yes, definitely, and i've asked the same. Between the short delay between getting elf and Christmas, work, known delays with post on my side, and furnishing a new home, and let's not forget Covid (i'm still rubbing down any packages i get) it just made a lot more sense.

I've put some thought into it, but i'm also doing a two-parter, but one will definitely be coming just after Christmas any way.

TS
TS
deaddweeb

deaddweeb

OT Supporter
Aug 15, 2004
Everett, WA
I've thought about sending one good gift via drop ship and then a personal touch of stuff I purchased locally. I am just trying to save on money and time this year. Last year was my first OTSS and I spent probably 5X what I thought I would and went overboard. Shipping alone was almost 1/4 of what I spent.

Reactions: CUCUY and Mr Coffee

KingGargantuan

♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖
Oct 4, 2001
VABeach
i sent bunch of stuff via one amazon order but i've got a few local items i'm going to put together and ship myself this weekend, hopefully

jgon842

OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2009
Tumwater, WA
I Drop shipped items last year and followed up with personal items. was planning on doing the same this year but 25% capacity our shopping stores makes it very difficult to carve out extra shopping time.

Reactions: CUCUY

Super Dolemite

OT Supporter
Jan 14, 2002
This year has been full of challenges and I understand either way, I’m doing both however I realize not everyone can.

Reactions: CUCUY

Bugalu

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2003
Nashville
Absolutely not. CDC says it lives for hours or a few days on surfaces.

what’s to say your amazon delivery guy doesn’t have it?

Zimmy76

I like my beer like I like my violence, domestic
Nov 15, 2001
Sent one or more things from amazon, and will be sending a package.

Also checked last night and the slowest shipping cost was 20 dollars, if i shipped today, that is with shipping a large box with fedex, so as long as you ship earlier and slow it's not to bad. However honestly while I'd love some local stuff i wouldn't be upset if it's obvious you put some thought into my gift.

onedownfiveup

OT Supporter
Jun 26, 2005
It's going to cost me an arm and a leg to ship again. Oh well. I think I spent $150 in shipping last year LOL

Bugalu

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2003
Nashville
It's going to cost me an arm and a leg to ship again. Oh well. I think I spent $150 in shipping last year LOL
Fuck, my first year I got a gay guy who wanted fancy underwear, and that was it. Each pair was like 25 bucks and he lived in like stralia or some shit. I spent like damn 150 bucks with the clothes and shipping and he never posted anything.

Come to think of it, it was @vikingen i think?

Roblo escobar

Jan 6, 2010
Austin
I had it shipped here and am going to send it out myself... i felt bad about drop shipping straight from amazon but also i didnt even think about covid... now i feel like a moran

Bugalu

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2003
Nashville
I had it shipped here and am going to send it out myself... i felt bad about drop shipping straight from amazon but also i didnt even think about covid... now i feel like a moran
READ foo. It lasts for hours or days on surfaces. K, so if you have it, its dead before it gets to your Elf.

Now what if the amazon driver or UPS driver has covid, or you know the 10 other people who handle the package getting it to your elf. IF you shipped it, or if amazon shipped it, same chance of them getting it.

use some common sense man.

TS
TS
deaddweeb

deaddweeb

OT Supporter
Aug 15, 2004
Everett, WA
I’m personally not worried about the spread of covid shipping it myself. Its more of laziness and money saver. :mamoru:

Bugalu

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2003
Nashville
I’m personally not worried about the spread of covid shipping it myself. Its more of laziness and money saver. :mamoru:
I get it, its just annoying to hear all these Chicken Littles that think the sky is falling but if you actually put some common sense into it, just a little, you'd realize its the same "risk"

vikingen

Redders. The Grey Wiggle. #Qatar2022
OT Supporter
Fuck, my first year I got a gay guy who wanted fancy underwear, and that was it. Each pair was like 25 bucks and he lived in like stralia or some shit. I spent like damn 150 bucks with the clothes and shipping and he never posted anything.

Come to think of it, it was @vikingen i think?
bullshit it was me

you know darn right I free-ball mutha fucker

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman