GAME FF14 Endwalker thread

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
I know not many of ya'll play this game, but figured I'd make a thread for it.

The media tour happened a few days ago and I finally got time to go through all the changes.

I'm so torn between which one of the jobs I want to play.

Right now I main DRK or NIN mostly, but I've had a linkin park hard on for Reaper since its reveal.

HOWEVER, NIN looks cool as shit now and I don't hesitate to admit it triggers the Naruto nostalgia bone with its new abilities, plus my overall familiarity with the job.

@amalgamas please help me decide

Reactions: Twinsen

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
I know not many of ya'll play this game, but figured I'd make a thread for it.

The media tour happened a few days ago and I finally got time to go through all the changes.

I'm so torn between which one of the jobs I want to play.

Right now I main DRK or NIN mostly, but I've had a linkin park hard on for Reaper since its reveal.

HOWEVER, NIN looks cool as shit now and I don't hesitate to admit it triggers the Naruto nostalgia bone with its new abilities, plus my overall familiarity with the job.

@amalgamas please help me decide
PLAY YOU A REAPER

ULTIMATE EDGE BOYO

:mamoru2:

Reactions: the_antsy_honda

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
you know i tried it. i tried eso as well. i probably put about 15 hours into each and neither of them grabbed me i guess mmos just aren’t my thing.

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
I'm trying to decide if I want to stick with my main job (dancer) or go with summoner right out of the gate.

Dancer looks largely unchanged which means I will be fine for statics when I get to end game, but I really like playing current summoner and new summoner looks even better.

giphy.gif

FifthGear

Sep 18, 2003
Middle west
the only things im skipping are alexander, and hardmode / extreme / savage primals. I'm trying to do the dungeons and stuff, but also just trying to catch up

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
the only things im skipping are alexander, and hardmode / extreme / savage primals. I'm trying to do the dungeons and stuff, but also just trying to catch up
It was weird having CT be manditory, but i'll have to wait and see why i guess.
You do coils? The writers of endwalker have all but said that they're going to be required to understand the story of the expac.

legal eagle

Dickface
OT Supporter
Jul 13, 2005
Dallas, TX
Stormblood is only slightly better than ARR in terms of annoying to get through. DO NOT skip Omega, invalice, or the four element raids. Those are all amazing. Shadowbringers will feel like it's going too fast by comparison.
HSW was the best segment. I really enjoyed ARR too; it's a toss-up between that and ShB for me. I thought SB was the worst by far.

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
This action cannot be assigned to a hotbar?

WTF?
You know how there's button bloat?

It starts with one ability (that you can put on hotbar) and since it's a 3 hit combo, the button just changes to the next part. Few abilities are like this, but Ninja is already a pretty busy job with tons of buttons.

Other jobs will have upgraded abilities (or follow-on abilities) change as well when conditions are met.

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
example of current my current NIN button layout, of which there will be a couple more upon the expansion release (and losing a few) to keep similar action bar size.

1634566964475.png

R T Y are bound to the ninjutsu hand movements, naruto-like mudras that you have to do in certain orders, then execute with my G key (ninjutsu) which changes depending on the mudras used. If you fuck up, you get no ability but a bunny on your head to let the rest of your group know you fucked up.

That G key turns to Raiton when you use certain mudras, and in the expansion, that will change to Forked Raiju and then again to Fleeting Raiju, the finisher. Both of the new abilities are gap closers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Twinsen

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterparl19