GAME FF14 Endwalker thread

Jay

My shit don't stink
Dec 21, 2000
Two reasons really, more weekly lockouts for gear which lets me diversify jobs between them.

Different aesthetic (ones a male the other a female)

Finally, I'm so used to alts that I just am used to it these days
Ahhh. I understand the 1st reason. Going sps BLM and crit RDM/SMN last expac, I had to split the caster gear.
No way in hell I'm redoing MSQ and the job grind on an alt

For the aesthetics, I just fantasia and deal with remaking glams. 98% of my playtime I've played a female char because they had better glam.
Bunny boi is my first FFXIV male char :o

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
Ahhh. I understand the 1st reason. Going sps BLM and crit RDM/SMN last expac, I had to split the caster gear.
No way in hell I'm redoing MSQ and the job grind on an alt

For the aesthetics, I just fantasia and deal with remaking glams. 98% of my playtime I've played a female char because they had better glam.
Bunny boi is my first FFXIV male char :o
My lore brain would do weird things if I switched gender's on my character at this point, so I'll be staying a female.

I switched to bunny for a little bit but didn't like the hair options and that none of the helmets worked.

Went back to Au-Ra at the time. I might go to femroe at some point if I can get a good glamour for it.

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
My lore brain would do weird things if I switched gender's on my character at this point, so I'll be staying a female.

I switched to bunny for a little bit but didn't like the hair options and that none of the helmets worked.

Went back to Au-Ra at the time. I might go to femroe at some point if I can get a good glamour for it.
Just pretend each one is their own alternate reality.

It's even kind of canon.

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
ok opened babil duty

looks fun
Star_Trek_TOS_-_Journey_to_Babel_-_Captain_Kirk_with_Vulcan_ambassador_Sarek_and_Tellarite_ambassador_Gav.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: legal eagle

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
Just did the post-MSQ dungeon, not gonna lie but it felt like they were trying to recapture the joy of The Twinning. It wasn't bad and the zone design itself was great, but goddamn I wish they'd tried a little harder. :hsd:

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
Just did the post-MSQ dungeon, not gonna lie but it felt like they were trying to recapture the joy of The Twinning. It wasn't bad and the zone design itself was great, but goddamn I wish they'd tried a little harder. :hsd:
I wish endgame dungeons were more useful overall, tbh.

This is where FF falls apart and WoW shines. Lots of effort goes into dungeons, and they get wasted for the most part. M+ keeps them relevant. Wish FF would do something similar.

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
I wish endgame dungeons were more useful overall, tbh.

This is where FF falls apart and WoW shines. Lots of effort goes into dungeons, and they get wasted for the most part. M+ keeps them relevant. Wish FF would do something similar.
I think they realize that their endgame is more esoteric than just dungeons.

Cause after the end you've got extremes/savage, mount runs, glamour runs, housing, and of course getting all of your other jobs up to max level. They do have the expert dungeon queue of course, but it's nothing like M+ and honestly I hope they never implement a M+ like system. :o

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
I think they realize that their endgame is more esoteric than just dungeons.

Cause after the end you've got extremes/savage, mount runs, glamour runs, housing, and of course getting all of your other jobs up to max level. They do have the expert dungeon queue of course, but it's nothing like M+ and honestly I hope they never implement a M+ like system. :o
It's just not grindy like WoW - in 14 you have very clear goals for gear and personal power level, and you only have so many options to achieve it.

I do like WoW's M+ system as it allows players to play up to the difficulty that fits for them.

In 14, you have normal raids and alliance raids, which are basically the same as Normal/Heroic raids in WoW, and EX/Savage, which don't have a clear counterpart in WoW, but it's more like Mythic. I'd say heroic, but EX trials are way more difficult than heroic raids in WoW, but not as bad as Mythic.

Same goes for overworld content - WoW has a ton of avenues to continue the personal power progression, whereas 14 just doesn't.

Not necessarily a BAD thing, because it lets you take a break once you've finished your lockouts without the compulsion to keep playing. And between patches, you can go play other stuff.

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
And expert dungeon roulettes aren't difficult either, they are more closely related to the WoW random heroic queue. They don't even rise to the level of Mythic 0.

Twinsen

Resident Negro
Mar 12, 2006
Memphis, TN
Welp, basically didn't get to play at all yesterday. Had another power blip, this time the breaker completely died. :rofl:

At least I got my daily crafting done. But LITERALLY as soon as I was about to start the first MSQ with NPCs, I asked a question in my Novice Network about using trusts for this, got an answer, and then BOOM! :wtc:

Swapped it out this morning, so...:x:

• Support
Reactions: the_antsy_honda
TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
Welp, basically didn't get to play at all yesterday. Had another power blip, this time the breaker completely died. :rofl:

At least I got my daily crafting done. But LITERALLY as soon as I was about to start the first MSQ with NPCs, I asked a question in my Novice Network about using trusts for this, got an answer, and then BOOM! :wtc:

Swapped it out this morning, so...:x:
I didn't really play much yesterday; spent my evening cooking and making myself fatter.

• Support
Reactions: Twinsen

Twinsen

Resident Negro
Mar 12, 2006
Memphis, TN
But I might end up passing out early tonight, went to sleep at 1am, back up at 5:45am, then had to pickup and deal with my son and his flat tire because his spare tire is also fucked. Had to go to 4 tire shops, and came straight in to work after that. I'm so sleepy now. 3 hours to go. :hsd:

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
But I might end up passing out early tonight, went to sleep at 1am, back up at 5:45am, then had to pickup and deal with my son and his flat tire because his spare tire is also fucked. Had to go to 4 tire shops, and came straight in to work after that. I'm so sleepy now. 3 hours to go. :hsd:
At least he has a spare. My car just has a repair kit where a spare should be. I have zero confidence in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec