GAME FF14 Endwalker thread

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
Hope the new tome gear looks cool. Not a fan of the entry level 570 stuff tbh
honestly the dungeon gear has almost always been better looking than any of the tome or raid gear imho.

There's some exceptions but nearly all of my glamours are either dungeon, artifact, or pure glamour pieces.

I think I've only got a couple of raid drops on glamours. :o

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
honestly the dungeon gear has almost always been better looking than any of the tome or raid gear imho.

There's some exceptions but nearly all of my glamours are either dungeon, artifact, or pure glamour pieces.

I think I've only got a couple of raid drops on glamours. :o
The dungeon gear this time around feels like mostly palette swapped old gear.

From last expansion, I liked bits and pieces from the Deepshadow, Crystarium, and Cryptlukrer gear.

I like a lot of the pieces of the nier gear. Mostly just the slim boots for almost all jobs :rofl:

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
Finished all ranged DPS, so now onto melee.

I've decided that I hate SAM, so I might save that till last even though it's my highest leveled out of melee. :rofl:

I'm going to go with RPR right now and then when I get that to 90 I think I'm finally going to start DRG, I know the first 30 levels are awful but I hear the story leading up to HW and during the HW level quests is awesome.

So looking forward to that. :o

Twinsen

Resident Negro
Mar 12, 2006
Memphis, TN

I've decided that I hate SAM, so I might save that till last even though it's my highest leveled out of melee. :rofl:

I'm going to go with RPR right now and then when I get that to 90 I think I'm finally going to start DRG, I know the first 30 levels are awful but I hear the story leading up to HW and during the HW level quests is awesome.

Yeah, I kinda miss playing DRG. Said goodbye to it and went DRK once I got to Ishgard. Then GNB, then RPR. :mamoru:

Reactions: the_antsy_honda
TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California

SAM feels weird. I hate having to cast their finisher

Reaper does too in a way with theirs, but it's less often needed

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
Pugilist/Monk

Arm of the Destroyer

• When under the effect of Perfect Balance, now grants Raptor Chakra even when missing a target.
Rockbreaker

• When under the effect of Perfect Balance, now grants Opo-opo Chakra even when missing a target.
Four-point Fury

• When under the effect of Perfect Balance, now grants Coeurl Chakra even when missing a target.
Shadow of the Destroyer

• When under the effect of Perfect Balance, now grants Raptor Chakra even when missing a target.
Elixir Field

• Now grants Lunar Nadi and Formless Fist even when missing a target.
Flint Strike

• Now grants Solar Nadi and Formless Fist even when missing a target.
Rising Phoenix

• Now grants Solar Nadi and Formless Fist even when missing a target.

Dragoon

Wyrmwind

• Thrust Potency has been increased from 370 to 420.
Geirskogul

• Potency has been increased from 250 to 260.
Nastrond

• Potency has been increased from 350 to 360.

Ninja

Raiton

• The status effect granted upon execution has been changed from "Forked Raiju Ready" to "Raiju Ready."
  • The status effect duration has been increased from 15 to 30 seconds.
Bunshin

• The Phantom Kamaitachi Ready status effect no longer expires when the effect of Bunshin ends.
  • This action now changes to Phantom Kamaitachi upon execution.
  • The Phantom Kamaitachi Ready status effect now has a duration of 45 seconds.
Phantom Kamaitachi

• Execution no longer consumes a stack of Bunshin.
  • Increase to Ninki Gauge has been changed from 5 to 10.
  • Prior to Patch 6.05, both the execution of Phantom Kamaitachi and the effect of Bunshin increased the Ninki Gauge by 5, resulting in a total increase of 10. The above adjustment ensures this increase to the Ninki Gauge remains unchanged when executing Phantom Kamaitachi.
Forked Raiju

• Potency has been increased from 400 to 560.
  • The additional effect "Grants Fleeting Raiju Ready" has been removed.
  • The requirement for execution has been changed from "while under the effect of Forked Raiju Ready" to "while under the effect of Raiju Ready."
Fleeting Raiju

• Players will no longer rush target upon execution.
  • Range has been reduced from 20 yalms to 3 yalms.
  • Potency has been increased from 450 to 560.
  • The requirement for execution has been changed from "while under the effect of Fleeting Raiju Ready" to "while under the effect of Raiju Ready."
  • Can now be set to the Hotbar.

Samurai

Higanbana

• Range has been increased from 3 yalms to 6 yalms.
Kaeshi: Higanbana

Midare Setsugekka

Kaeshi: Setsugekka

Reaper

Arcane Crest

• Cure potency of the Crest of Time Returned effect has been reduced from 100 to 50.

Dancer

Standard Finish

• Action category has been changed from ability to weaponskill.
Technical Finish

Tillana

Summoner

Fountain of Fire

• Potency has been increased from 430 to 520.
Brand of Purgatory

• Potency has been increased from 180 to 240.

Scholar

Fey Union

• Range has been increased from 15 yalms to 30 yalms.
  • The range within which players must stay has been increased from 15 yalms to 30 yalms.

Reactions: Jay

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
Huh, didn't realize that those DNC casts were listed as abilities rather than weaponskills.

Now they'll add more DPS to the RPR and MNK's of the world. :rofl:

Glad that SMN is getting a boost in DPS, phoenix had literally turned into a DPS lost post 80 thanks to the potency difference between it and bahamut.

Kinda sad that MCH didn't get any buffs, but also glad that it didn't get any nerfs. :o

Jay

My shit don't stink
Dec 21, 2000
I like the NIN change, now it might not be so clunky while using PK.
Also like the raiju changes, it was awkward to have gap closer combos.

RPR heal nerf was needed. You were able to take a raid wide and not need a heal with crest.

And yea, DNC change is a boost to RPR and MNks. Poor dancer, they need some potency buffs

Reactions: amalgamas
TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
Meanwhile DRK:

cartoon-sad.gif

Jay

My shit don't stink
Dec 21, 2000
after playing a tank this expac, I gotta say, tanks are prob the easiest job. I used to think DPS and Healer were easier.
sure there's a bunch of things tanks need to know/do, but they can survive so much derping on the player's end. 6 vuln stacks? no problem. healer may be pissed, but that's his/her problem :rofl:

My edge lord WAR:
Hive battleaxe (coffer, not the craftable - don't like the glowy butterflies)
Urth's Font chest
High Mythrite gautlets (gunmetal)
Hemiskin brais (gunmetal)
Replica Allagan heavy sollerets (gunmetal)

1641307617466.png

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
I struggle to find decent FF14 YT content.

Most of the time the algorithm likes to just give you Mr Happy (insufferable), Desperius (bad), or Zepla (...cringe?)

Meoni is creepy as shit but at least he seems to know what he's good for and sticks to it. And that is fashion report, mogstation items, etc. Not pretending to know how to play the game well.

I also like Bad Wolfy because he just shows glams.

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
I struggle to find decent FF14 YT content.

Most of the time the algorithm likes to just give you Mr Happy (insufferable), Desperius (bad), or Zepla (...cringe?)

Meoni is creepy as shit but at least he seems to know what he's good for and sticks to it. And that is fashion report, mogstation items, etc. Not pretending to know how to play the game well.

I also like Bad Wolfy because he just shows glams.
Lulu's Streamer Highlights is all you need. :mamoru2:

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
Call me old but I like the more traditional video formats.

These highlight reels feel so...chaotic? Feels like I'm in a room with a bunch of screaming kids and I just wanna cup my ears and have a smoke. And I don't smoke.

:wtc:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec