GAME FF14 Endwalker thread

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
Ya'll use any mods?

I used to use Gshade, but I switched to just using the GFE filters.

And ACT.
I use dalamud and FFXIV launcher. First one allows for the automatic updating of any mods I might use in the future and the second one allows me to bypass the stock FF launcher altogether including for updates and shit like that.

Makes it so that I only need to enter my MFA to get into the game, not have to type in my password and MFA. :rofl:

Reactions: the_antsy_honda
TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
Tried playing Sage...it feels..weird?

It feels like they took scholar, got all its abilities, split them into 2 button presses, and took away the fairy and rolled its passive healing into a weak ass disc priest mechanic.

For example, to get the same effect as Adloquium, I have to press Eukrasia (which turns Diagnosis to Eukrasian Diagnosis [read: Adlo] ) THEN press Diagnosis.

The same goes for the copies of Succor and Biolysis. I see the cooldown makes them have the same effective GCD as Scholar but...

Double the work for the same output...wtf

Whojive

Such devastation this was not my intention!
OT Supporter
Aug 19, 2002
Lake Orion, MI
Tried playing Sage...it feels..weird?

It feels like they took scholar, got all its abilities, split them into 2 button presses, and took away the fairy and rolled its passive healing into a weak ass disc priest mechanic.

For example, to get the same effect as Adloquium, I have to press Eukrasia (which turns Diagnosis to Eukrasian Diagnosis [read: Adlo] ) THEN press Diagnosis.

The same goes for the copies of Succor and Biolysis. I see the cooldown makes them have the same effective GCD as Scholar but...

Double the work for the same output...wtf
Sage plays pretty damn fast, and solo content you are basically a tank

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
So @Jay or @the_antsy_honda have either of you noticed that the Alliance Raid roulette has gone firmly back to basically just being CT?

For the first couple of weeks of EW I swear all I got was the Ivalice, Mhach, or Nier raids, but now it's right back to just being CT.

I saw someone posit that CT should be removed from the alliance raid roulette and added to the MSQ roulette so it's not just Castrum or Prae any longer, especially since CT is now required to complete the ARR MSQ.

I fully fucking agree with that.

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
So @Jay or @the_antsy_honda have either of you noticed that the Alliance Raid roulette has gone firmly back to basically just being CT?

For the first couple of weeks of EW I swear all I got was the Ivalice, Mhach, or Nier raids, but now it's right back to just being CT.

I saw someone posit that CT should be removed from the alliance raid roulette and added to the MSQ roulette so it's not just Castrum or Prae any longer, especially since CT is now required to complete the ARR MSQ.

I fully fucking agree with that.
I just got out of Obronne Monestary from AR roulette and we wiped on TG Cid about 13 times

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
Honestly they should just turn Castrum and Pratorium into solo duties and just scrap MSQ roulette. Roll the additional XP you'd get from it into the other roulettes.

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
Honestly they should just turn Castrum and Pratorium into solo duties and just scrap MSQ roulette. Roll the additional XP you'd get from it into the other roulettes.
If they don't do that they really need to make the penalty for abandoning Castrum much higher. The last two times I've gotten that one like half the group left before we'd pulled the first mob. :rofl:

Reactions: Whojive
TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
If they don't do that they really need to make the penalty for abandoning Castrum much higher. The last two times I've gotten that one like half the group left before we'd pulled the first mob. :rofl:
I have got castrum the last few times. I just go on autopilot and watch cooking videos anyways

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
I just got out of Obronne Monestary from AR roulette and we wiped on TG Cid about 13 times
I had to explain TG Cid the last time we were in there because an entire group was all fresh and obviously hadn't watched a video or even read a guide. The entire group died on his second mechanic, and as you know that's basically a wipe.

I knew it was going to be bad when they all failed to show their booty holes to the sniper in the first encounter, full group wipe then too. :rofl:

Reactions: the_antsy_honda
TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Do not hug me.
Dec 17, 2001
California
Yeah that's the spot we wiped on repeatedly.

Another team failed the doom repeatedly

I was playing Sage so I was actually paying attention and trying hard :o

I had to explain TG Cid the last time we were in there because an entire group was all fresh and obviously hadn't watched a video or even read a guide. The entire group died on his second mechanic, and as you know that's basically a wipe.

I knew it was going to be bad when they all failed to show their booty holes to the sniper in the first encounter, full group wipe then too. :rofl:

amalgamas

OT Supporter
Jan 7, 2007
Somewhere, AZ
Yeah that's the spot we wiped on repeatedly.

Another team failed the doom repeatedly

I was playing Sage so I was actually paying attention and trying hard :o
And to think, that fight, Ozma, and Ultima Seraph have been hugely nerfed since their original incarnation. I can't imagine how things would be in there now if they hadn't been with all the fresh sprouts and new Sage healers. :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor