GAME Fighting Game Crossovers

Mishimi

Mar 15, 2011
New Mexico
So we have seen quite a few of these over the years... Marvel vs. Capcom, Mortal Kombat vs. DC universe, Capcom vs. SNK, Street Fighter x Tekken, etc...

I was just wondering what crossovers you'd like to see in a fighting game?

I always wanted to see

Samurai Shodown vs. Soul Calibur

Mortal Kombat vs. Killer Instinct (so many kick ass matches could be made and they fit perfectly together.)

Fareo

i think we have seen enough crossovers, now is the time to resurrect fighting games back to the glory days like SSF4 and the new MK. It would be nice to see SNK try this with some of their games, or square bring back Bushido Blade. Thats what Im waiting for Bushido Blade ftw.

Los

Oct 22, 2003
Indiana
So we have seen quite a few of these over the years... Marvel vs. Capcom, Mortal Kombat vs. DC universe, Capcom vs. SNK, Street Fighter x Tekken, etc...

I always wanted to see

Mortal Kombat vs. Killer Instinct (so many kick ass matches could be made and they fit perfectly together.)

Street Kombat: Killer Capcom Marvel SNK Universe Tekken

That's about right.

a-money

Apr 1, 2004

New Bushido Blade
New Samuri Showdown
New Fatal Fury

and not just rehashes, full blown reboots like SF4 and the new MK

new all that shit would be amazing

but the company that owns those properties is ass, playmore doesnt know wtf theyre doing

I always wanted to see

Right?

Cyrax vs. Fulgor
Jax vs. TJ Combo
Scorpion vs. Jago
Sub Zero vs. Glacius

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

hellodon

Oct 26, 2006
21331_superheroes_marvel_vs_dc-v2.jpg

hellodon

Oct 26, 2006
Even though this isnt a crossover, are we EVER going to see Killer Instinct 3? I've heard like 3-4 times over the years that it was in the works....last I heard it was KI 3D. What is the hold up? Does nintendo own part of this? Are they just afraid it will fail? Are they incapable of making a game worth playing?

I really miss KI. It was always my favorite fighting game...the combo system was just so perfect. It made it so fun to play. It has never been replicated in any fighting game, even though they have all tried. Every game has combos now - but none feel like KI.

hellodon

Oct 26, 2006
Just looked it up on Wikipedia....this news could be good....would love a perfect arcade port at home

On March 16, 2010, Kenn Lobb announced that they are not working on Killer Instinct 3, but that they may bring Killer Instinct back someday

On July 25, 2010, Kenn Lobb said Rare wants to make Killer Instinct 3. "Ahhhh, Killer Instinct, another one of my babies," mused Lobb. "I obviously have personal feelings about Killer Instinct, but I do think it’s got a place and again it makes that sort of sense... "Let’s bring something that people loved in the past and see how it does on the Live Arcade." Again, we haven’t started anything yet, so don’t freak out, but Killer Instinct is something that we’re constantly talking about."

When pressed on whether the franchise would ever get a true current generation sequel, Lobb reveals that they actually started on the sequel after Killer Instinct 2

"Actually after KI2, we started KI3 so there was some early work done on it," Lobb revealed. "Someday, maybe. I think in some ways – again, we don’t have any plans – but if we were going to do a KI3, we’d probably start with KI1 on XBLA, you know to a.) see if everyone is still interested in the IP, but also as a reminder of what it was like."

"Street Fighter is a great example of that, right?" he continued, "They obviously did Street Fighter 4 last year very successfully, but right before it, Street Fighter HD. It sold very well. I’ve always been a huge fighting game fan so I never really “got out” of Street Fighter, but when Street Fighter HD came out, I played the crap out of it. I was excited to get Street Fighter 4. I think the same thing could work."

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448