Film Crue: Civil War. Josh Wheton's contributions to the art of film will be thoroughly evaluated ITT. What side are you on?

KneeGar

I can see you, but my eyes are not allowed to cry
OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2006
I loved Pusher III. Love crime dramas that explore the difficulties of addiction; the inevitability of the downfall when your world, your business, may involve the substance to which you are helplessly drawn.

It'a a cold, stark, brutal film, just like the world it depicts. Milo is smart, savvy, even classy; his instincts have worked well for him, all those years in the underbelly. Sad little king of a sad little hill.

Unfortunately for him there is no way out once you've invested a certain amount of time in that dark world, and it is no country for old men. The players in his realm won't let him leave and even if they did, the normal world has nothing for him. The heroin can help at least, for today.

--
Zlatko Buric is fucking brilliant in it. One of my favorite performances of all time.
Well said friend. Absolutely love the world Refn created for this trilogy. Some moments of levity amidst the city bearing down on Milo had me intoxicated and transfixed by proxy. Like how things get to the boiling point after doing lines of speed resulting in the brutality you knew was eventually about to spill over, capping it all off with Buric outwardly lamenting 'fucking speed' as he comes down. That whole sequence can be turned into a parlor joke if you wanted, 'A Pollock, an Arabian and a Turk walk into a club...'

Buric truly nailed it, I agree. Him being involved in NWR's latest project finally returning to Denmark after almost 20 years has me giddy with the possibilities.

• Love
Reactions: Foe

Foe

OT Supporter
Oct 11, 2005
Oh nice, did not know about this. Looks like he is playing the same character possibly? So it's the same universe?

I should rewatch them all. I forgot that there are many funny, tender moments in the series.

Last edited:
Reactions: KneeGar

KneeGar

OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2006
Oh nice, did not know about this. Looks like he is playing the same character possibly? So it's the same universe?

I should rewatch them all. I forgot that there are many funny, tender moments in the series.
That would be really cool if so. I'll be intrigued either way though.

Last edited:

ghost.prawn

OT Supporter
May 11, 2006
:cool:
285c44f23abf86933cfc337aa91c1b4715982941.jpg

Reactions: Sphygmo

KneeGar

OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2006
Any new TV shows I should be watching? Just finished the latest season of the Handmaid's Tale. (Don't ask me why I'm still watching this as it should be obvious)

Feeling a bit of a void after Atlanta is finally finished. What an awesome show. Gave me Twin Peaks: the Return vibes with its conclusion. I might just start an Oz rewatch if nothing of note gets brought up.

rcm

Bully Troll Crew
OT Supporter
Dec 30, 2004
Any new TV shows I should be watching? Just finished the latest season of the Handmaid's Tale. (Don't ask me why I'm still watching this as it should be obvious)

Feeling a bit of a void after Atlanta is finally finished. What an awesome show. Gave me Twin Peaks: the Return vibes with its conclusion. I might just start an Oz rewatch if nothing of note gets brought up.
Barry
Severance
BCS
The Rehearsal
HotD

Saw all that?

Reactions: KneeGar

zhiniibob

soy lago
OT Supporter
Feb 1, 2005

@preston

• Haha
Reactions: preston

KneeGar

OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2006
I’ve already been bugging him in GChat about it :rofl:
Not even Werner could get me to watch the Mandalorian lol

Maybe there will be a Disney+ free trial black Friday deal so I can try Andor. Really don't feel like giving them money.

Reactions: preston

sans_pants

I don't want any damn vegetables
OT Supporter
May 2, 2002

watch millenium with me

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abdallahppp6