Film Crue: Civil War. Josh Wheton's contributions to the art of film will be thoroughly evaluated ITT. What side are you on?

KneeGar

I can see you, but my eyes are not allowed to cry
OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2006
def some new stuff for me to track down

kinda surprised something like cleo from 5 to 7 would be their top of the french new wave, for instance
Varda was coined the grandmother of the new wave after all

KneeGar

OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2006
Notably lacking crimes of the future, pearl, bones and all, and northman imo
Yeah, I need to see some more of these, but this list only has 3 that would be in my top 25 as of now which I all consider great. Pretty good year iirc.

KneeGar

OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2006
Notably lacking crimes of the future, pearl, bones and all, and northman imo
Maverick making it over all these is a little ridiculous to me. I've rarely agreed with Ehrlich over the years so its placement makes sense.

sans_pants

I don't want any damn vegetables
OT Supporter
May 2, 2002
scorseses list

2001: A Space Odyssey (Kubrick)
8 1/2 (Fellini)
Ashes and Diamonds (Wajda)
Citizen Kane (Welles)
Diary of a Country Priest (Bresson)
Ikiru (Kurosawa)
The Leopard (Visconti)
Ordet (Dreyer)
Paisà (Rossellini)
The Red Shoes (Powell & Pressburger)
The River (Renoir)
Salvatore Giuliano (Rosi)
The Searchers (Ford)
Ugetsu Monogatari (Mizoguchi)
Vertigo (Hitchcock)

KneeGar

OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2006
I like his movies a lot, but he has always been kind of an edgelord.

KneeGar

OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2006
Something in the Dirt, the new Moorhead/Benson, was a lot of fun. Their second jaunt featuring themselves as the mains, following the more epic leaning 'the Endless'. This one felt like they were parodying each of their filmmaking roles, while simultaneously going down the rabbit hole of some kind of paranoid Ancient Aliens conspiracy spoof. Ended up being their most introspective work yet, without sacrificing their usual engaging go for broke storytelling. I hope they never get too big, because the maverick independent bravado they put on really works for me.

Reactions: Sphygmo

KneeGar

OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2006
Also rewatched Jeanne Dielman this morning. My god what an absolute triumph. I wish Chantal was still around to see this at the top of the S&S poll.

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
Something in the Dirt, the new Moorhead/Benson, was a lot of fun. Their second jaunt featuring themselves as the mains, following the more epic leaning 'the Endless'. This one felt like they were parodying each of their filmmaking roles, while simultaneously going down the rabbit hole of some kind of paranoid Ancient Aliens conspiracy spoof. Ended up being their most introspective work yet, without sacrificing their usual engaging go for broke storytelling. I hope they never get too big, because the maverick independent bravado they put on really works for me.
Oh hell ya, nice to hear. Was so disappointed by synchronic, was hoping for a return to form for them

Reactions: KneeGar

KneeGar

OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2006
Oh hell ya, nice to hear. Was so disappointed by synchronic, was hoping for a return to form for them
That's the only one I haven't seen. I've really liked the other four though. What were your problems with it?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abdallahppp6