Film Crue: Civil War. Josh Wheton's contributions to the art of film will be thoroughly evaluated ITT. What side are you on?

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
That's the only one I haven't seen. I've really liked the other four though. What were your problems with it?
It felt like an attempt to jump into the mainstream but with just sloppy execution

It lacked the endearing nature of their lower budget works, also I didn't find the story all that compelling

• Sad
Reactions: KneeGar

KneeGar

I can see you, but my eyes are not allowed to cry
OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2006
It felt like an attempt to jump into the mainstream but with just sloppy execution

It lacked the endearing nature of their lower budget works, also I didn't find the story all that compelling
Can definitely see that being the case. Anthony Mackie being in one of their movies just sounds weird to me lol.

Reactions: Sphygmo

KneeGar

OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2006
So I caved and upgraded my Hulu package to include Andor+. Do I need to see Rogue One first before I start? @preston

KneeGar

OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2006
Wo why haven't you seen everything everywhere brw
iono

probably a combination of I wanted the hype to die down a bit before viewing it and the fact that I caught wind of the Russo brothers being producers which for me was an instant skip / save for later :mamoru:

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
iono

probably a combination of I wanted the hype to die down a bit before viewing it and the fact that I caught wind of the Russo brothers being producers which for me was an instant skip / save for later :mamoru:
Lol i don't think they had any influence on the final product in any way

Keksim

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
I'm watching The Lost Boys for the first time and it's pretty fun

Holy shit did Joss Whedon copy a lot of it. Whatta hack

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
Ya that's gotta be movie of the year right there

one of those fully fleshed out character studies that completely captivated me.
cate's fall from grace was so deserved by also anxiety-inducing as fuck. this true master of her craft having her past indiscretions come back to wreck her life was a compelling ass arc.

the orchestral elements were ofc way in my wheelhouse and fkn mesmerizing

Reactions: KneeGar

Keksim

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
rewatched that one for the first time since the 90s a couple years ago

didn't think it held up tbh. quite hokey and silly throughout lol

The campiness mostly worked for me but yea some of it was hokey to the point where it became boring and didn't even work as horror comedy. Like the voice that Corey Feldman put on was so stupid that there was zero tension in any scene that he was in, and the ending was a complete farce

Visually it was great though

KneeGar

OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2006
Ya that's gotta be movie of the year right there

one of those fully fleshed out character studies that completely captivated me.
cate's fall from grace was so deserved by also anxiety-inducing as fuck. this true master of her craft having her past indiscretions come back to wreck her life was a compelling ass arc.

the orchestral elements were ofc way in my wheelhouse and fkn mesmerizing
Yeah it was amaze.
Unexpected accordion deluge
had me overwhelmed tbh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sphygmo

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
when her disheveled ass tried to take over the final performance and then beat the fuck out of mark strong I was fucking on the edge of my seat

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olegarchy