Film Crue: Civil War. Josh Wheton's contributions to the art of film will be thoroughly evaluated ITT. What side are you on?

HoodRich

Professional Street Nigga
OT Supporter
Feb 2, 2004
The City
why did none of you motherfuckers tell me about VHYES? this motherfucker is off the hook. This might be the best thing i've seen all year

KneeGar

I can see you, but my eyes are not allowed to cry
OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2006
the final scene of the Fabelmans was the greatest thing I've ever seen :omg:

KneeGar

OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2006
I expected to see venomous hate from you on this one lol
I am pretty mixed on him generally speaking. Particularly his post Munich stuff. He seems revitalized with this and West Side Story though marking a late stage reflective run. Almost akin to him starting his mid career output with AI and the string of great films that followed.

• Love
Reactions: Sphygmo

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
I am pretty mixed on him generally speaking. Particularly his post Munich stuff. He seems revitalized with this and West Side Story though marking a late stage reflective run. Almost akin to him starting his mid career output with AI and the string of great films that followed.
Welp consider me excited fam

Reactions: KneeGar

KneeGar

OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2006
can't stop thinking about bones and all, will def be curious for your thoughts on this one @KneeGar

i can see why a lot of critics were turned off by it - it really commits to the concept in a very grotesque way and you have to roll with that in order for it to rly work. But i love commitment to a concept like that, just fucking go for it if you're gonna do it.

at its core it captures being lost in the midwestern milieu - that aimlessness and lack of purpose. chalamet and russell with just tremendous chemistry - was very into their plight and tale. mark rylance just continuing to stun me with his adaptability and chameleon-like transformations. one of our true greats.
Yeah I loved this

Pulls a nice swing to make you less concerned about their eating people's flesh and rather more engrossed in their love for each other and empathetic to those compulsions. Strong performances all around. Not only from the three mains, but excellent little bits from the Sevigny and Stuhlbarg cameos. the Ross / Reznor score was the best they've done in a minute. Great stuff.

• Love

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
Yeah I loved this

Pulls a nice swing to make you less concerned about their eating people's flesh and rather more engrossed in their love for each other and empathetic to those compulsions. Strong performances all around. Not only from the three mains, but excellent little bits from the Sevigny and Stuhlbarg cameos. the Ross / Reznor score was the best they've done in a minute. Great stuff.
Yup just a terrific score. It's impressive how much Trent has crushed this part of his career.

Sevignys scene was just great. So haunting and shocking simultaneously

Btw chalamet dancing to kiss is the first time I've ever liked that band :rofl:

• Love
Reactions: KneeGar

KneeGar

OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2006
Yup just a terrific score. It's impressive how much Trent has crushed this part of his career.

Sevignys scene was just great. So haunting and shocking simultaneously

Btw chalamet dancing to kiss is the first time I've ever liked that band :rofl:
Lol I'd agree with that. I normally can't stand that band.

Sevigny really is one of the all time greats though ❤️

Joe_Cool

Judge Judy and Executioner
OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2003
I just rewatched Blade. Love that movie so much.

I never noticed two things before:

1. at the big fight at the end, he rips out one dude's throat, and then THROWS IT AT THE NEXT DUDE :rofl:

2. Udo Kier's name isn't Dragon Eddie, it's Dragonetti. :bowrofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trendworld