Film Crue: Civil War. Josh Wheton's contributions to the art of film will be thoroughly evaluated ITT. What side are you on?

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
For Christmas, I got 2001: A Space Odyssey in 4k :bowdown:
6HsLWFt.jpg

Reactions: Keksim

HoodRich

Professional Street Nigga
OT Supporter
Feb 2, 2004
The City
I'm watching Popeye, which i probably havent watched in 20 years. Its crazy how much i can tell this movie in particular shaped my life. I still know every song, every step, i almost know it verbatim. I must have watched it every day, most days multiple times, for months, if not years

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
He was trying to do to much with the movie, was in over his head I feel like

Commenting on the absurdity of the last few years and our society in general, cults of personality, fear of death, and strained familial relationships

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
That supermarket dance to end out the movie was so sloppy lol. Choreography was trash, just why :rofl:

Sphygmo

OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2007
Nah not yet. Tell me more.
a movie about reflection, about the fleeting, ephemeral moments that end up being more significant than they seemed at the time

very assured direction from apparently a first timer, incorporating home video footage to paint a picture of a strained father/daughter relationship that ultimately held power and beauty

quite lovely and melancholic. can't spoil anything about the best scene in the movie but it's one of the greatest of the year

Reactions: KneeGar

KneeGar

I can see you, but my eyes are not allowed to cry
OT Supporter
Jan 5, 2006
Extremely pleased with Copenhagen Cowboy. Probably should have saved some for the weekend but I couldn't help myself. When a Refn drops I mainline it. Like usual I doubt he'll gain many new followers with this. Fans of his work already will likely be pleased though. Another slow burn asking for deliberate patience that rewards delicious reveals in narrative and tone. It does move like lightning compared to Neon Demon, Only God Forgives or Too Old to Die Young however. Pacing finally hitting a sweet spot that marries brisk momentum and his love for excessive breathing.

• Wow
Reactions: Sphygmo

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abdallahppp6