GUN Finally got my California CCW

yar1182

Mar 26, 2008
Ventura California
There has been talk of standarizing the Cal CCW permit so it is credit card sized and similar to a DL w/ the pic and such. Some counties already have this. Much of CA is still the old school rice paper that is filled in with a typewriter and blue signature stamped. Most people trim this, fold and laminate. It is a bit larger than a credit card so it does not fit in a CC slot in your wallet. I too keep in the the $$$ section of the wallet. It is not a big deal to me as I am happy to have it in this state, and seeing it every time I go for some cash still does not get old.

yar1182

Mar 26, 2008
Ventura California
yar-ccw.jpg

Old style CA CCW next to my new style Utah CCW

yar1182

Mar 26, 2008
Ventura California
Yeah some counties have the new permits. At some point it will be standardized. I'm guessing it will be replaced with renewals and not replace current issued.

i_is_surf

Aug 14, 2005
The LDS Republic of Mormony
Fuck, my NC CCW expired. Alaska doesn't require one to carry concealed, but I might get one anyway, along with a Utah. Whats the Utah one require in terms of $ and docs?

You need an approved class, picture, $65, fingerprint cards.

Annnndd... if you're an out of state resident and your state has reciprocity with Utah, you have to get a home state CCW permit first.

http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/concealedfirearms.html

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor