GUN Finally got my ccw

Zeff

Nov 19, 2003
Asheville, NC
I just picked it up. Took about 60 days for processing. Looks like I can order a whitehat holster for my M&P 9FS now.

5482595129_99f6866a83.jpg

Imyourzero

OT Supporter
Feb 25, 2004
Congrats. I just got mine a couple of months ago; took 2 or 3 weeks to get back and I haven't carried since :rofl:

TS
TS
Zeff

Zeff

Nov 19, 2003
Asheville, NC
I like the leather choices and colors of the whitehat. I had a pic but I can't find it, the back used a rounded screw instead of those 'claw' pieces to attach to the leather so clothing won't snag either.

oakback

Aug 25, 2008
N.FL
Kholster is $10 cheaper than whitehat. You don't get the fancy colors, but it's essentially the same thing. But has more adjustability on the belt clip locations, and rivets instead of screws holding the kydex to the leather. You just have to trim the leather to how you'd like it (which I didn't mind). I use mine every day with an XD45 and love it.

I like the whitehat for those color options, though. That's a nice touch.

TQ

Sep 20, 2002
Kansas City, MO
Well I could care less about the assortment of colors (I mean, its stuffed in your pants :hsugh: )

I just want the most comfortable one. Seems like I can't really go wrong with any of these because everyone loves the one they bought :mamoru:

oakback

Aug 25, 2008
N.FL
The kholster site crashes my iPhone. I'll check them out when I get home.

I'll be honest, I went with Kholster for my first CCW holster because it was the cheapest. I think I bought it for like $18 when he first started selling them; I figured if I sucked I wasn't out much money and I'd buy a nicer one. But so far, I have no reason to buy a new one.

Things that sucked about it:
The strong smell and stiffness when new, takes a while to get broken in. I assume other holsters are similar, but I don't know for sure.

The screws that hold the belt clips loosen up over time, I put a dab of loctite on mine and they've been good so far.

After the leather broke in, it formed around the gun a bit (mainly the takedown lever pressed into the leather), so retention wasn't as tight. But I heated up the Kydex and depressed the trigger hold spot (whatever it's called) and made it as tight as it was when I first got it.

None of these were a big deal for me, but I figured I'd share. I don't know if other similar holsters (leather + kydex) have the same issues.

jeepilot

Banned
Aug 12, 2005
KCMO
Looks kinda like the slide versions of the M-Tac or crossbreed.

I have a M-Tac for my Sig P228, but I don't really carry it too much, as it's a bit big and I like pocket carry better. I'm probably going to pick up a M&P 9c and get a M-Tac for that and start to IWB carry again.

phoenixTX

Sep 10, 2004
Dallas and OKC
I have a M-Tac for my Sig P228, but I don't really carry it too much, as it's a bit big and I like pocket carry better. I'm probably going to pick up a M&P 9c and get a M-Tac for that and start to IWB carry again.
If you want to sell the mtac, let me know. I currently carry my P228 in an Atomic Dog IWB holster, but wouldn't mind getting an m-tac as well.

BLH

Jan 15, 2006
KS
I carry a G26 daily in an MTAC, its a pretty decent holster but I've got some bitches about it. I'm still looking for something to replace it with.

oakback

Aug 25, 2008
N.FL
The problem with it being that low is that you can't get a full grip on it and will probably need to adjust mid-draw.

That's another reason I like the Khoster, you can easily adjust the clip position for cant and height. Over the course of about a month I ended up trying 3 different positions, finally found one I liked, and trimmed the leather to fit that position.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor