first christmas eve/christmas day in my life i've spent away from my parents

emanuel

baby girl, how do I look in my durag?
Oct 28, 2005
Los Angeles
earlier this week someone at work tested positive for covid and since I don't want to kill my parents or be killed by my parents we are going to wait to see each other until after I get tested

anybody else having non-conflicting feelings about not spending time with family this year?

Reactions: Pogi
Dec 31, 2008
3 guys on my crew tested poz a couple weeks ago. I stayed away from everyone I know all last week. No symptoms and no contact that I know of this week so I guess I can go visit for dinner tomorrow.

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
I went and visited my mom and dad today. Outside. Staying apart. Sucks but I still got to see them and enjoy their company. Not 100% the same but still able to feel like Christmas

Camaro3800

I show up once a year
Aug 14, 2000
So Cal
didn’t go to my parents this Christmas Eve ad we normally would. Gonna stop by on Sat for a bit to do a quick Xmas exchange...low profile.

Dismay

Super Swell Guy
OT Supporter
May 23, 2000
SoCalish
Haven't seen my family in texas this entire year and don't see that changing anytime soon.

Had socially distanced Christmas with in-laws tonight. I got tested on Monday and we wore masks and ate outside tonight

Reactions: emanuel

Dismay

Super Swell Guy
OT Supporter
May 23, 2000
SoCalish
kind of nice not having to drive/fly to Texas this year though. Just took two weeks off to hang around the house with kids, catching up on projects, mountain biking every other day, and playing video games.

Type2

Suck my Amex
OT Supporter
Apr 26, 2002
Porky's
First year away from family as well. My wife’s mother came over for thanksgiving, my wife had contracted it they day before while at a physicians office, and while we all got it, her mom was very sick and hospitalized for 5 days.
I’m really glad my mom didn’t come over that day, she’s much older and not in great health to begin with..

Keeping it mellow with just us and the kids

Ron

OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
I’m getting tested on the 30th...that was the earliest I could find. If there’s any way to get tested sooner that you know of I’d appreciate some info :big grin:
My wife called her doc for a virtual appointment, told the doc her symptoms and the doc got her a test appointment same day. She got her results back the next day

TS
TS
emanuel

emanuel

Oct 28, 2005
Los Angeles
99.9% survival rate tho
Cool, but I am not really comfortable with the possibility that if I contracted it and am asymptomatic I could kill every 1 out 1000th person I am exposed to

also the untold long term cognitive damage I could leave in my wake for the survivors

Reactions: Ashryn
TS
TS
emanuel

emanuel

Oct 28, 2005
Los Angeles
My wife called her doc for a virtual appointment, told the doc her symptoms and the doc got her a test appointment same day. She got her results back the next day
Did she have to have symptoms tho?

autibahn

Banned
Aug 24, 2006
losangeles
I’m getting tested on the 30th...that was the earliest I could find. If there’s any way to get tested sooner that you know of I’d appreciate some info :big grin:
i did reliant urgent care dtla on francisco st. a bit disorganized but got the results back within an hour or so

8legs

8eyes
OT Supporter
Mar 16, 2008
Webbywebz
I want to visit family, but they're all in and around LA, high risk and not all of them are aware of what quarantine means.

AndyP

OT Supporter
Jun 17, 2004
earlier this week someone at work tested positive for covid and since I don't want to kill my parents or be killed by my parents we are going to wait to see each other until after I get tested

anybody else having non-conflicting feelings about not spending time with family this year?
I miss various holidays with family every year. Make up a reason to have a fun get together another weekend/time once everyone is covid proof.

Pogi

Official Pointy Boot Guey Ver 1.0
Jan 3, 2001
North Of Chi-town
Yes. First year ever we do didn't get together with family at all. It's awful and sucks, but you have to play the game

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman