ART First Landscape / Beach Shots

Striff

Gimme the chocolate
OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2007
Encinitas / San Diego
Went down to the tide pools near my house.

Shot with a XSi and a 17-40mm.

01.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

02.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

Any crits or comments would be awesome :)

Asherman

Oct 14, 2007
7 & 8. The dominant sun in most of the others is deadcenter, a very static composition where the eye gets too "locked in". No. 1 could benefit by cropping a bit off the right side to increase asymmetry.

TS
TS
Striff

Striff

Gimme the chocolate
OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2007
Encinitas / San Diego
Thanks for the comments. It's weird, I really like #1 but #8 and #7 are my least fav.

I will defiantly have to look into getting an ND filter or a polarizer . Any recomendations on which ones are best?

Anyways, I edited another picture. This is more like the last few in the set.

10.jpg

SugarCoatedSour

Apr 22, 2004
Glenview, IL
Thanks for the comments. It's weird, I really like #1 but #8 and #7 are my least fav.

I will defiantly have to look into getting an ND filter or a polarizer . Any recomendations on which ones are best?

Anyways, I edited another picture. This is more like the last few in the set.

http://northcountycomputerrepair.com/photos/beach02/10.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I've got a Singh-Ray 3-Stop ND grad and I love it for the few times that I get to use it. :o

Was kind of expensive, though.

TS
TS
Striff

Striff

Gimme the chocolate
OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2007
Encinitas / San Diego
Those Singh-Ray filters seem really cool..I just might have to get one. If you buy them from their site, do they come with the thing that holds it at the end of your lens or do you have to buy that as well? Anything else I might need?

SugarCoatedSour

Apr 22, 2004
Glenview, IL
Those Singh-Ray filters seem really cool..I just might have to get one. If you buy them from their site, do they come with the thing that holds it at the end of your lens or do you have to buy that as well? Anything else I might need?

The holders don't come with the filters. You have to buy a holder first and then pick the appropriate filter size that you need.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor