ART First picture with my new SLR

Striff

Gimme the chocolate
OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2007
Encinitas / San Diego
I got my first SLR today. So I am new to the OT camera crew :wavey::wavey:

I got a XSi and a Canon EF 17-40mm lens. I plan on taking landscapes mostly so that's the reason I got the 17-40. I got the cheap body and the expensive lens so I could kinda grow into it and eventually upgrade to a nicer body.

Anyways, I took a couple pictures with it tonight down by the freeway and this was my favorite.

Overpass_Test_01.jpg

JDizzy92

Jul 25, 2007
Cali
nice picture. night shots of overpass freeway are always cool. Too bad over here they like to put high fences on the overpasses so no one jumps off...

TS
TS
Striff

Striff

Gimme the chocolate
OT Supporter
Oct 24, 2007
Encinitas / San Diego
nice picture. night shots of overpass freeway are always cool. Too bad over here they like to put high fences on the overpasses so no one jumps off...

I thought I was going to fall off. The railing is only like 3 feet high. Some dude went over it on his motorcycle last year and fell to his death :noes::noes:

widds2v

Jan 5, 2005
Coronado, CA
did you use a tripod for that or is that something you can do freehand? now that im back in SD i want to expand my skills.

asdfbunk

A Member
OT Supporter
Aug 12, 2005
did you use a tripod for that or is that something you can do freehand? now that im back in SD i want to expand my skills.
pretty long exposure to be free hand :o unless he had hands of steel or something

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan