ART First wedding v.CRY

mikmit

:o?
OT Supporter
Aug 31, 2004
CO
Here are a few photos from my first wedding. I definitely need to charge at least triple of what I did. Shot 1100 photos from 0800-2200. Had about a 51% keeper rate.

My body is sore from just all the running around I had to do, literally. Only 1 body, D700, and it just isn't enough. Had only a 24-70 the entire time, also, not enough. Bought a 16-35 f/4 and another SB700, but couldn't use the 16-35 and had to return it today (major back focusing). I'm disappointed with my shots during the ceremony cause there were many that were blown out. I'm a terrible photographer.

If you have any questions, or C&C, please blast away.

wedding samples-1 by mikmit, on Flickr

wedding samples-2 by mikmit, on Flickr

wedding samples-3 by mikmit, on Flickr

wedding samples-4 by mikmit, on Flickr

wedding samples-5 by mikmit, on Flickr

wedding samples-6 by mikmit, on Flickr

wedding samples-7 by mikmit, on Flickr

wedding samples-8 by mikmit, on Flickr

wedding samples-9 by mikmit, on Flickr

wedding samples-10 by mikmit, on Flickr

wedding samples-12 by mikmit, on Flickr

MSIGuy

om nom nom nom!
May 30, 2005
I don't understand the first one... a double exposure with some stairs?

Idyfohu

Oct 29, 2003
Utah
Ya, I don't get #1 at all either, it's weird...even after your explanation.

Not sure if it's the processing or not, but a lot of the shots look underexposed.

#6 is def baller man! #7 would've been epic if she was in focus.

Looks good man, how do you feel it all went?

TS
TS
mikmit

mikmit

OT Supporter
Aug 31, 2004
CO
Ya, I don't get #1 at all either, it's weird...even after your explanation.

Not sure if it's the processing or not, but a lot of the shots look underexposed.

#6 is def baller man! #7 would've been epic if she was in focus.

Looks good man, how do you feel it all went?

i just thought #1 looked cool, shrug lol

i feel pretty relieved in a sense, since its over now. but the pp work is right there to stress me out lol. and then another wedding to shoot in spain next week.

i thought a lot of the photos were way over exposed...maybe i compensated too much.

jared_IRL

OT Supporter
Feb 12, 2006
#1 just looks like bad photoshop. ditch it. especially considering the other half of the frame is just the under side of some stairs...

The rest of em are good! No reason to be down on yourself!

TS
TS
mikmit

mikmit

OT Supporter
Aug 31, 2004
CO
#1 just looks like bad photoshop. ditch it. especially considering the other half of the frame is just the under side of some stairs...

The rest of em are good! No reason to be down on yourself!

thanks Jared! the bride saw that photo and liked it so i guess we have to keep it now. lol

yo'ure beating yourself up too hard, these aren't so bad! I especially like 9

thanks clint. i did bring up the exposure a little bit in 9. i think it looks a tad better now.

PS: Clint made my logo for me. You guys should hit him up.

TS
TS
mikmit

mikmit

OT Supporter
Aug 31, 2004
CO
Great stuff for your first time! :cool:

First one is truly wtf tho. :o

Yeah everyone here hates the 1st but since she saw it, she wants it lol. Gotta do waht the client wants :hsd:

thanks for the compliment doh

michael

Florida Man, Esq.
Dec 21, 2001
The ether
Yeah everyone here hates the 1st but since she saw it, she wants it lol. Gotta do waht the client wants :hsd:

thanks for the compliment doh
just make sure it comes with a diagram of wtf that shot really was.. i still dont get it :o i stared at it for like 3 minutes and then gave up :hs:

frameless mirror w/ a weird bevel in front of the staircase? so we see the stairs and the mirror/bevel (causing the 2nd reflection)? :hsd:

TS
TS
mikmit

mikmit

OT Supporter
Aug 31, 2004
CO
MAYBE IM JUST CONDUCTING A SOCIAL EXPERIMENT ON A MASS MINDFUCK????

Who knows.

TS
TS
mikmit

mikmit

OT Supporter
Aug 31, 2004
CO
i dont know what to tell you man. what you see is the set up...

mirror leaning up against the stairs...mirror was kinda like what most bathroom mirrors are that have a diagonal edge thingy...

Marix

OT Supporter
May 23, 2006
Look good to me! Can see a little halo around where you've brightened some parts - just be careful with that. Ie the girl in 3.. the wall is lightened too.

TS
TS
mikmit

mikmit

OT Supporter
Aug 31, 2004
CO
Look good to me! Can see a little halo around where you've brightened some parts - just be careful with that. Ie the girl in 3.. the wall is lightened too.

thanks

on it.. thought it was feathered more

TS
TS
mikmit

mikmit

OT Supporter
Aug 31, 2004
CO
This. I think you did well.

not bad for your first wedding! :coold:

:hug: More pros comment! haha thanks. we'll see how my next one turns out.. in spain inside an awesomeeee castle

I might be the only one, but I love the first one...it makes you think! I figured out what it was.

heh awesome.

i did go back and edit the wb on a bunch of shots and the halo effects. thanks for pointing them out peeps.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74