Fishing crew come educate me

TS
TS
CPTMULLET

CPTMULLET

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
Went to that big Fishing store that @cree recommended, so happy I forgot my wallet :o

I bought a cheap baitcaster ("cheap" it was still like $61 for the combo) at walmart and don't get the hype, maybe because the good reel costs 3x more than that combo :o

Reactions: cree
TS
TS
CPTMULLET

CPTMULLET

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
this spot is pretty nice to hangout at tho
YULnVuo.png

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
VI1An6a.jpg

Caught two this afternoon, monsters obviously :mamoru:
Congrats man

It's a real high fishing when you catch something. I used to go on the Sacramento and American rivers with my dad to catch stripers back in the day. Although it was always stinky sardines fresh bait. Biggest I ever got was an 20-something lb striper which was a real workout to bring in.

Haven't gone fishing in years but it makes me think about my dad a lot.

Reactions: RotorBalls

_dEf_

Shitted farted
Feb 15, 2005
Phuckit
First, you have to decide what you are fishing for.
Then, you buy your gear for that specific type of fish.

TS
TS
CPTMULLET

CPTMULLET

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
First, you have to decide what you are fishing for.
Then, you buy your gear for that specific type of fish.
I'm fishing for bass now, I ran out of the senkos that were working really well for me though :wtc:

The pumpkin colored ones with black fleck worked really well, the pumpkin ones with colorful fleck and little high vis yellow tails haven't worked for shit :hmm:

gimpshiznit

Totally not Larry
Aug 9, 2003
Twin Shitties
maybe it's because I'm bad but it seemed super logical that I'd want my dominant hand casting/feeling for bites, my left hand is basically dead weight, it can do the job of going in circles
i dont get it. with spin reals and fly fishing, you dont switch hands. idk why ppl do it with bait casters

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vernenbailleu