SPORTS fitness when not rolling anymore

Shrug

Die in a Kimbo fight
Oct 18, 2003
Michigan
serious question although might comeout sounding stupid :(

also didn't ask in f&n because I'm not interested in looking like a body builder.

I've been doing bjj for a long time now and I have to give it up for awhile for reasons of which i can't control. Generally I take fitness for granted because rolling frequently keeps you in decent shape. Question is would doing cardio (running/elyptical) and body weight exercises (dips/situps/pushups) be a decent supplement to grappling or would you have to get a basic weight routine. I don't want my body to go to shit :-\

energie

I like to place an order.. the name? Situation the
Jun 15, 2006
oilcity alberta
you could of asked F&N not all of us want to look like body builders :hsugh: and rolling probably kept you in good shape cardio wise.

I Dont see it being a huge workout in other aspects other then cardio

why dont you man up and get a gym pass and hit the weights lightly. only thing i see is u being lazy

TS
TS
Shrug

Shrug

Die in a Kimbo fight
Oct 18, 2003
Michigan
you could of asked F&N not all of us want to look like body builders :hsugh: and rolling probably kept you in good shape cardio wise.

I Dont see it being a huge workout in other aspects other then cardio

why dont you man up and get a gym pass and hit the weights lightly. only thing i see is u being lazy

actually i'm not lazy at all. I'm asking if body weight exercises are enough to stay in shape or would I have to lift weights. Laziness isn't an issue so don't bother making assumptions.

energie

I like to place an order.. the name? Situation the
Jun 15, 2006
oilcity alberta
actually i'm not lazy at all. I'm asking if body weight exercises are enough to stay in shape or would I have to lift weights. Laziness isn't an issue so don't bother making assumptions.

sorry i misread i thought u said u were lazy but u said u take fitness for granted. :hs:

stick to lifting you can lift weights and not want/end up looking like a bodybuilder

chechen

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
OT Supporter
Sep 29, 2003
Irvine, CA

yeah, and swimming.. those two are good..

i need an adult swimming class, im an AWFUL swimmer. it would probably be a great supplement to grappling for me. i'm starting to get a little soft myself and running is not an option :hs:

whup

I wish you had children and.. so that I could step
Feb 12, 2007
Body weight exercises and running are good and better than nothing if you can't afford or go to the gym or a swimming pool. If you can get and set up a cheap chin-up bar and some cheap dumbbells, you're sorted.

Nothing will beat a proper gym but there's no free gyms amirite?

I miss swimming! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448