ART Flame me v. booking a wedding

aCab

Jun 1, 2007
Chicaaago
I'm going to be booking a wedding this week for May. I've never 2nd shot or shot a wedding at all before. Am I capable?

MSIGuy

om nom nom nom!
May 30, 2005
Show up with a bunch of disposable cameras in a Wal-Mart sack and at least one AGFA badge and you'll be golden.

turbodude

Just a photographer
OT Supporter
Jun 17, 2002
Las Vegas
if its in May, i would take the job, charge the normal rate for weddings. and then in the meantime, start scouring craigslist/forums posting up 2nd shooter/assistant offers. Just to get some experience

TS
TS
aCab

aCab

Jun 1, 2007
Chicaaago
if its in May, i would take the job, charge the normal rate for weddings. and then in the meantime, start scouring craigslist/forums posting up 2nd shooter/assistant offers. Just to get some experience

Not sure what the "normal" rate is. I don't want to scare them off. I don't want to charge too much and have them say no. But at the same time, I don't want to charge too little

where is it?

Somewhere in Georgia I presume. It's a girl that goes to my college. I've never met her, but she said she's been looking at my photos on facebook ever since I started into photography. She saw some engagement pictures I put up today and decided to message me. :mamoru:

turbodude

Just a photographer
OT Supporter
Jun 17, 2002
Las Vegas
Well. depends on what they want. Prints, no prints, Hi Res DVD, low res cd, how long is the wedding, Engagement shoot, travel expenses?

lots of variables to think about.

The one wedding i have shot, i charged $1000 for 4 hours, with a DVD of hires images.

Now im thinking of doing modifying Tits' price sheet, minus $500

xenon supra

OT Supporter
Feb 3, 2005
San Diego, CA
Well. depends on what they want. Prints, no prints, Hi Res DVD, low res cd, how long is the wedding, Engagement shoot, travel expenses?

lots of variables to think about.

The one wedding i have shot, i charged $1000 for 4 hours, with a DVD of hires images.

Now im thinking of doing modifying Tits' price sheet, minus $500

link to tits' price sheet?

Girth

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
OT Supporter
Jun 28, 2002
Houston
Somewhere in Georgia I presume. It's a girl that goes to my college. I've never met her, but she said she's been looking at my photos on facebook ever since I started into photography. She saw some engagement pictures I put up today and decided to message me. :mamoru:

Thats badass. :bigthumb:

Girth

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
OT Supporter
Jun 28, 2002
Houston
:noes:

So you want a whole new logo - not just text?

I want "A" logo... think of something. something like a stamp, distinguishes me and I don't have to put the whole thing down all the time. You're the artist, let me know whats on your mind. :big grin:

TS
TS
aCab

aCab

Jun 1, 2007
Chicaaago
I want "A" logo... think of something. something like a stamp, distinguishes me and I don't have to put the whole thing down all the time. You're the artist, let me know whats on your mind. :big grin:

Washed out Dave Hill Stuff. :mamoru:

Jcolman

OT Supporter
Aug 19, 2002
dirty souf
I'm going to be booking a wedding this week for May. I've never 2nd shot or shot a wedding at all before. Am I capable?
Yes. I did the same thing. Never seconded, never shot a wedding. I just jumped in. However, I did do a lot of studying up on other peoples work first. I made a list of shots I wanted, I practiced, then did it. A few things I will do differently on my next wedding is not overlight so much and try to capture more "moments" instead of creating them.

As for pricing, like others have said, find out what she wants first. If it's a simple shoot and burn, then I would charge between $500-$800 based on the fact that she's taking a chance with you and you lack wedding experience.

TS
TS
aCab

aCab

Jun 1, 2007
Chicaaago
Just got back from having Coffee with the Bride to be. She's really cool and is a big fan of my stuff. Going to be taking some studio shots of her and her bf after Christmas, some engagement shots in the spring, and the wedding in May :run: Didn't tell her prices yet. Just told her we'd talk every 2-3 weeks and build a package she wants. I figure the better the relationship I can build with her, the more money I can ask for.

Pics of her:

:naughty:

5nvqys.jpg

smxezt.jpg

2j2an38.jpg

Girth

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
OT Supporter
Jun 28, 2002
Houston
I think you need a second photog, specially one that is willing to travel and help you. :naughty:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan