FIT food question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMarchHare

OT Supporter
i eat every 2.5-3 hours, like many of you do, to keep my metabolism high, but at the end of the day, are the daily marcos more important or keeping the meals stacked the way they are (e.g. if i over eat at some point in the day and i've reached my caloric goals, do i cut back the eating or continue on schedule) And also, which option would be more advantageous for what goals

snigg

Oct 23, 2006
jesuschrist_3_2.jpg

just fuckin eat brah

TS
TS
TheMarchHare

TheMarchHare

OT Supporter
Yes I'm serious. The kid is like 145lbs. he needs to worry about eating not what his damn ratio is. Obviously don't go out and eat nothing but fast food, but worrying about that NOW is going to set him up for failure.

ummm 184 as of this morn. i don't have problems gaining weight, being a recent fatty, and i've figured out how to drop weight, hence my question of which is more important.

giz

Nov 25, 2004
salt lake
Yes I'm serious. The kid is like 145lbs. he needs to worry about eating not what his damn ratio is. Obviously don't go out and eat nothing but fast food, but worrying about that NOW is going to set him up for failure.

I respect you but I think that is bad advice. I don't see a point in doing things not smart as possible. Not only does it form good habits but he'll reach his goals quicker.

Yeah, he needs to eat. But there is no point in just saying "fuck it, I'll eat whatever I want" instead of sitting down and determining exactly what his calories/macros should be to reach whatever goals he has.

TS
TS
TheMarchHare

TheMarchHare

OT Supporter

Formz

vr6dub can't cook chicken
I respect you but I think that is bad advice. I don't see a point in doing things not smart as possible. Not only does it form good habits but he'll reach his goals quicker.

Yeah, he needs to eat. But there is no point in just saying "fuck it, I'll eat whatever I want" instead of sitting down and determining exactly what his calories/macros should be to reach whatever goals he has.
If some one doesn't have the experience tracking their food intake effectively then adding complexity to it is not the answer.

All its going to do is put up too much complexity at once. He should get his calorie intake down first. Then worry about adjusting it to the right macros.

Take for instance learning a new sport. You don't learn everything all at once. You learn things one at a time. Hockey for instance. You don't learn how to handle a puck first thing. You learn how to skate first. Then hold a stick. Then handle a puck. If you try and do the most complex thing first you're just going to get frustrated.

giz

Nov 25, 2004
salt lake
If some one doesn't have the experience tracking their food intake effectively then adding complexity to it is not the answer.

All its going to do is put up too much complexity at once. He should get his calorie intake down first. Then worry about adjusting it to the right macros.

Take for instance learning a new sport. You don't learn everything all at once. You learn things one at a time. Hockey for instance. You don't learn how to handle a puck first thing. You learn how to skate first. Then hold a stick. Then handle a puck. If you try and do the most complex thing first you're just going to get frustrated.

While I agree, given his pretty remarkable transformation I don't think you are giving him enough credit. He might be relatively new to all of this, but he has already accomplished a lot and that doesn't happen by accident.

TS
TS
TheMarchHare

TheMarchHare

OT Supporter

Meal1- 8 egg white, 1/2 cup of oatmeal

Meal2- 30g of low carb protein powder

Meal3- Any lean protein source(4-8oz) with 1/2 cup of oatmeal

Meal4- repeat meal 2

Meal5- repeat meal 3

Meal6- 30g of low carb protein shake

Protein-180-250, Carb- 90g, Fat-30g

stop underestimating me... i was asking for opinions, not patronization

1380-1660 cals a day,(in the meal plan) i'm usually usually around 1500-1900 a day.

Formz

vr6dub can't cook chicken
Meal1- 8 egg white, 1/2 cup of oatmeal

Meal2- 30g of low carb protein powder

Meal3- Any lean protein source(4-8oz) with 1/2 cup of oatmeal

Meal4- repeat meal 2

Meal5- repeat meal 3

Meal6- 30g of low carb protein shake

Protein-180-250, Carb- 90g, Fat-30g

stop underestimating me... i was asking for opinions, not patronization
If you think thats being patronized you're newer to F&N than I thought. :bowrofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright Β© 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan