CAR TECH Ford Lightning - the future is now old man

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
Searched but not super extensively.

Reveal is tonight. Leaked pics as of last night. Will be interesting to see pricing and range of it. Been largely pretty quiet.

f150-electric.jpg

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: haze

Joe Pesci’s Shinebox

Go get your fuckin' shinebox
OT Supporter
Nov 30, 2004
The Great White North
I know the name works but Ford is fucking up by tainting legendary vehicle names with electric vehicles.

I'm usually not a fan of resurrecting iconic nameplates and slapping them on less than stellar vehicles but given the truck is going to be all electric it's bound to be fast as fuck as was the point of the original lightning. Add to that the correlation between being electric and lightning I think it works.

H.E. Pennypacker

What is bet?
OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2003
Denver
I'm usually not a fan of resurrecting iconic nameplates and slapping them on less than stellar vehicles but given the truck is going to be all electric it's bound to be fast as fuck as was the point of the original lightning. Add to that the correlation between being electric and lightning I think it works.
henry ford is rolling over in his urn right now.

Bugalu

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2003
Nashville
I agree, if it’s a sport truck then obviously it’s a great name choice.

but it sure as shit doesn’t look like one from that photo

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
I really hope the grill is attached to the hood in the middle and comes up together. making the frunk so you can slide stuff into it or have some kinda pull out bench for working on stuff.

TS
TS
I<3URANUS

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
Interested to see pricing and range

ib its only on Lariats and above :rolleyes:
Fucking better not be.

They're going to have to offer something close to tesla's 40k entry point or they'll get killed in volume numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448