CAR TECH Ford Lightning - the future is now old man

xioix

Feb 20, 2005
So Cal
Every time someone tries to do a standardized real world test, Tesla gang hops on them and accuses them of being legacy manufacturer shills
Yup, insideevs does some test doing 70mph with AC on till battery drains, and they complain that they are going go too fast or their AC is too cold that they can't get the range Tesla says, but when doing the same test the Taycan went from EPA rated 208 range to tested 290 range.

Reactions: Jumpem

Dr. Charisma

Dec 28, 2003
GA
Liked 'em before F&F :) Family had an Expedition when I was still a kid, Lightning was the same but with the cool factor dialled all the way up. Need to own one some day.

Still gutted they never launched the Thunder.

Always thought it'd be cool to build a Terminator Expedition or Explorer or something. If I had the time/money/ability to do most of the work myself I'd seriously look into throwing a big blower with all the necessary accoutrements on my Navigator and just getting stupid with it :o

• Love
Reactions: Oman4x4

jelloslug

OT Supporter
Jul 1, 2003
Greenville, SC
Yup, insideevs does some test doing 70mph with AC on till battery drains, and they complain that they are going go too fast or their AC is too cold that they can't get the range Tesla says, but when doing the same test the Taycan went from EPA rated 208 range to tested 290 range.
Some guy bought a Taycan and the proceeded to drive it 10,000 miles around North America. He averaged just about 220 miles per charge.

Reactions: whatever

Oman4x4

OT Supporter
Sep 22, 2004
Dubai / Oman / Saudi Arabia
Always thought it'd be cool to build a Terminator Expedition or Explorer or something. If I had the time/money/ability to do most of the work myself I'd seriously look into throwing a big blower with all the necessary accoutrements on my Navigator and just getting stupid with it :o

There's a few missed opportunities with the Expedition IMO. I want to build a "Thunder" Lightning spec Expedition, and a Raptor style one. Whether I'll ever get round to it is another question.

Dr. Charisma

Dec 28, 2003
GA
There's a few missed opportunities with the Expedition IMO. I want to build a "Thunder" Lightning spec Expedition, and a Raptor style one. Whether I'll ever get round to it is another question.
Seems like there was a token attempt to revive the concept with the Explorer ST but apparently it's a slow turd, not sure what happened there. There would obviously be a market for a legit performance trim suv if they'd just make one rather than 11ty different trims of the same F-150, and they already have the Raptor platform to work off of now.

TS
TS
I<3URANUS

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
Seems like there was a token attempt to revive the concept with the Explorer ST but apparently it's a slow turd, not sure what happened there. There would obviously be a market for a legit performance trim suv if they'd just make one rather than 11ty different trims of the same F-150, and they already have the Raptor platform to work off of now.
What? Nah. The ST is pretty quick. With a tune it's faster than an SRT Durango. I think people are running 12s with them pretty easily.

The Edge ST (my dad has one and my wife will be taking it from him) isn't exactly sports car fast but with over 350lbft of torque it has plenty of power to pass on the highway and around town. It isn't a sports SUV but it certainly isn't gutless either.

Dr. Charisma

Dec 28, 2003
GA
What? Nah. The ST is pretty quick. With a tune it's faster than an SRT Durango. I think people are running 12s with them pretty easily.

The Edge ST (my dad has one and my wife will be taking it from him) isn't exactly sports car fast but with over 350lbft of torque it has plenty of power to pass on the highway and around town. It isn't a sports SUV but it certainly isn't gutless either.
All I heard when it came out was what a pig it is

[DWI]

Master of Nothing
Aug 6, 2000
Maine
I now know why every photo of the lighting has the front LED bar illuminated. Rewatching the Marques Brownlee shows it with the light off and IMO the plastic/lense looks horrible without the lights on. The milk-bottle plastic was probably chosen to diffuse the individual LEDs but god damn.

Reactions: whatever

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448