CAR TECH Ford Lightning - the future is now old man

[DWI]

Master of Nothing
Aug 6, 2000
Maine
I put a reservation in on the night they announced it and was told last time I talked to my dealer they'd be placing orders sometime during the fall. I'd hope there would be pricing soon.

I keep seeing the date of Oct 26th pop-up for orders opening.

Hope the EV tax credit picture is settled by then.

[DWI]

Master of Nothing
Aug 6, 2000
Maine
Lol oh. I didn't realize how far off @Nikuk was :rofl2:

Defi sequential.

From the speculating I have read it is likely mostly sequential.

The two caveats discussed are:

Most people believe that it is across all Ford reservations. Most of the reservations around launch are likely lightnings, but after that other models are getting mixed it.

Reservation number may have been assigned in blocks to regional servers. So reservation very close in time may not be truly sequential if they were placed in different regions.

I've also read some speculation that in addition to how quickly you reserved how quickly you order could also impact your place in the delivery line.

TS
TS
I<3URANUS

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX

Most people believe that it is across all Ford reservations. Most of the reservations around launch are likely lightnings, but after that other models are getting mixed it.

Reservation number may have been assigned in blocks to regional servers. So reservation very close in time may not be truly sequential if they were placed in different regions.

I've also read some speculation that in addition to how quickly you reserved how quickly you order could also impact your place in the delivery line.
My order number for my wife's MachE is 11139954. That was done in early/mid August.

Anyone have a bronco or maverick on order? @JohnnyBeagle you have a maverick on order right?

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad

with the bronco as long as you placed your order by march 19, 2021, your reservation date controlled
that being said, ford also has dealer allocation to deal with, so if your dealer only has 3 units allocated for the year and you're #4, then you might be out of luck unless one of the prior orders are not buildable / has delayed parts

Ford will have a ton of accessories like bed mats, splash guards etc on the build and price tool. avoid adding those to your order because they traditionally delay the initial orders

Nikuk

This simulation needs a reboot
OT Supporter
Jun 24, 2005
Buffalo, NY. Again.

The only EV that’s an F‑150.®​

You can feel it in the air.
Something is coming.
The truck that helped build this country is about to take it electric.
Nearly 200,000 of you have expressed interest and excitement about the electric revolution.​

Blue Ford F-150 Lightning truck being driven through a large city.

Orders start at the beginning of the new year, and because of unprecedented interest, we’ll be sending invitations to order at staggered times.
Now, this kind of demand means many of you won’t get a 2022 F‑150 Lightning™ truck, but rest assured we will hold your reservation so you’ll have a chance to order a future model year.
We’ll stay in touch with you throughout this process and let you know when we’re sold out of the 2022 model. We’d hate for you to cancel your reservation, but if you do, you’ll get a full refund from your dealer.
The excitement and demand for this history‑making vehicle is incredible, so we appreciate your patience. And we’re committed to keeping you up to date right up until your F‑150 Lightning is plugged in and ready to take this revolutionary leap forward.​

Learn Before Ordering Here​

Thanks for joining us in the electric revolution.​

iLLt3ck

Aug 1, 2002
Pitted, so pitted

The only EV that’s an F‑150.®​

You can feel it in the air.
Something is coming.
The truck that helped build this country is about to take it electric.
Nearly 200,000 of you have expressed interest and excitement about the electric revolution.​

Blue Ford F-150 Lightning truck being driven through a large city.
Orders start at the beginning of the new year, and because of unprecedented interest, we’ll be sending invitations to order at staggered times.
Now, this kind of demand means many of you won’t get a 2022 F‑150 Lightning™ truck, but rest assured we will hold your reservation so you’ll have a chance to order a future model year.
We’ll stay in touch with you throughout this process and let you know when we’re sold out of the 2022 model. We’d hate for you to cancel your reservation, but if you do, you’ll get a full refund from your dealer.
The excitement and demand for this history‑making vehicle is incredible, so we appreciate your patience. And we’re committed to keeping you up to date right up until your F‑150 Lightning is plugged in and ready to take this revolutionary leap forward.​
Learn Before Ordering Here​

Thanks for joining us in the electric revolution.​

Classic Ford, can't meet the demand. :rofl:

VipZ28

OT's resident Solar and Home Battery guy, I guess?
OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2004
Pearland, Texas
I honestly think they completely underestimated the response
No, they can't get enough battery to meet demand, They can't make their own batteries, and are dependent on LG to make them. LG is currently having to reproduce every battery it's ever made for the Chevrolet Bolt due to mfg defects in the same plant where they were supposed to make the Lightning battery. Ford fucked up by not building it's own battery infrastructure, but they are fixing it thanks to their partnership with SK building a battery plant in the US that they announced in Sept/Oct. Unfortunately, it's 3 years from producing it's first battery, so everyone waits.

They knew this would be a fucking hit. Their hybrid F150 sold out production 3 months in to the year in 2020, before supply chain issues. They saw the demand for the CyberTruck, the Rivian... they knew this was coming and couldn't get battery capacity fast enough.

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
No, they can't get enough battery to meet demand, They can't make their own batteries, and are dependent on LG to make them. LG is currently having to reproduce every battery it's ever made for the Chevrolet Bolt due to mfg defects in the same plant where they were supposed to make the Lightning battery. Ford fucked up by not building it's own battery infrastructure, but they are fixing it thanks to their partnership with SK building a battery plant in the US that they announced in Sept/Oct. Unfortunately, it's 3 years from producing it's first battery, so everyone waits.

They knew this would be a fucking hit. Their hybrid F150 sold out production 3 months in to the year in 2020, before supply chain issues. They saw the demand for the CyberTruck, the Rivian... they knew this was coming and couldn't get battery capacity fast enough.
SK makes Lightning batteries

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448