CAR TECH Ford Lightning - the future is now old man

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Yeah, I got this email earlier today as well. I put in a reservation as soon as it was open. I'm most likely canceling since they still don't even have finalized pricing out yet. My biggest reason for buying one was I wanted a pickup but didn't want something slow like every other pickup on the market. I put in an order for a TRX a few weeks ago instead.

TS
TS
I<3URANUS

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
Yeah, I got this email earlier today as well. I put in a reservation as soon as it was open. I'm most likely canceling since they still don't even have finalized pricing out yet. My biggest reason for buying one was I wanted a pickup but didn't want something slow like every other pickup on the market. I put in an order for a TRX a few weeks ago instead.
I cancelled mine when pricing leaked a while back. Decently optioned will be well over $60k easy.

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
I cancelled mine when pricing leaked a while back. Decently optioned will be well over $60k easy.
Yeah the way I wanted it would be mid to high 70's. TBH I'd rather pay about that for the last dying gasp of ICE engines and actually get a truck in the next 6 months.

Reactions: I<3URANUS

Aznpho

Not Currently in Use
Aug 29, 2001
Metro East STL
I am going to wait for a 2023 or 24 model as I don't need a 3rd car right now. It'd be nice to have for sure though.

Hopefully in a couple years the chargers get even better too

canning

Super Moderator
Oct 31, 2001
Here we go boys.

Website goes live tomorrow. Link has the leaked pricing and package details.

TS
TS
I<3URANUS

I<3URANUS

OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
  • Haha
Reactions: JohnnyBeagle
TS
TS
I<3URANUS

I<3URANUS

OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
Fucking finally. I'll build it out tomorrow but I think a Lariat with the options I want is gonna be $75-$80k. If so I'll keep my TRX level 2 + options order.
Yeah, I cancelled my order right when the first round of leaks came out. You can't even get the extended batt on the standard xlt. Guarantee that's over 60k. Watch, it will have cloth seats too. Can't get bluecruise on anything less than the lariat. Ugh. Ford pisses me off with this truck.

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Yeah, I cancelled my order right when the first round of leaks came out. You can't even get the extended batt on the standard xlt. Guarantee that's over 60k. Watch, it will have cloth seats too. Can't get bluecruise on anything less than the lariat. Ugh. Ford pisses me off with this truck.
Yeah I think leather was only available on the Lariat and up. I wanted the EXT battery as well so Lariat is the starting point. there are so many things you want that are add ons even at the second to top tier it's kind of crazy. Meh. I'm over it.

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
Most available will be the Lariat with the high trim package - extended battery, pano roof, blues clues

Probably what I'm ordering in blue because I'm fucking 6th on my dealership's list and that dealership isn't in a ZEV state

Platinum_Thunder

Reliability for life and liberty
Jun 28, 2001
Ford: We listen to our customers offering leather seats and optional extended range battery on LARIAT trim

Also Ford: LARIAT halogens cuz no one actually drives at night LMAO

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
Yeah I think leather was only available on the Lariat and up. I wanted the EXT battery as well so Lariat is the starting point. there are so many things you want that are add ons even at the second to top tier it's kind of crazy. Meh. I'm over it.
Order a Silverado EV as soon as the website allows ordering on the 5th

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
Ford: We listen to our customers offering leather seats and optional extended range battery on LARIAT trim

Also Ford: LARIAT halogens cuz no one actually drives at night LMAO
None of the Lightnings come with halogens
Halogens are available on the F150 ICE because fleets demand that shit and fleets buy the most new vehicles

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448