CAR TECH Ford Lightning - the future is now old man

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Order a Silverado EV as soon as the website allows ordering on the 5th
bleh. I just wanted the Lightning as a "fast" pickup option. I put in a reservation during the presentation so I should have a decent spot...hopefully. Maybe I can flip it.

canning

Super Moderator
Oct 31, 2001
I wonder how Ford is going to handle that.

It sounds like they aren't going to do shit which I think is a huge mistake on their part. They should be protecting their flagship better.

If you think Ford would be outraged at the clearly predatory tactics of this dealer, you would be mistaken. When asked to comment on Koons Ford market adjustments, the automaker simply said final pricing is out of their hands.

“Ford shares recommended pricing for all vehicles with dealers and customers. Ultimately, customers and dealers will agree to the final pricing.” (via Sam Alexander)

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
Most available will be the Lariat with the high trim package - extended battery, pano roof, blues clues

Probably what I'm ordering in blue because I'm fucking 6th on my dealership's list and that dealership isn't in a ZEV state
This is what I was looking at. My dealer is in PA so I don't think that's a ZEV state either. When I talked to the sales guy back in May or June he said I was 2 or 3 on their list.

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
bleh. I just wanted the Lightning as a "fast" pickup option. I put in a reservation during the presentation so I should have a decent spot...hopefully. Maybe I can flip it.
I'm so annoyed the first 5 spots at my dealership were filled by autists who reserved within 3 minutes of the presentation starting

I hope they all order unbuildable shit so I can get one this year

TS
TS
I<3URANUS

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
None of the Lightnings come with halogens
Halogens are available on the F150 ICE because fleets demand that shit and fleets buy the most new vehicles
302a XLT and up get the basic LEDs. The 502a and up trucks get the nicer LEDs.

But the last gen LEDs was an expensive upgrade on the lariats. It's really bullshit tbh.

amill94

OT ELITE iirc
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2003
I'm so annoyed the first 5 spots at my dealership were filled by autists who reserved within 3 minutes of the presentation starting

I hope they all order unbuildable shit so I can get one this year
wanna buy my spot? lol

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
Fuck. Temping. Deets?
2021 big bend 4 door, area 51, lifted on 4wp coilovers and 35s, 2.3 manual, standard package, soft top, 1900 miles, $42k and it's yours

2022 badlands 4 door soft top standard package, 2.7L auto, capable bumper erection green, pick it up in PA when it makes it from the factory to dealership for MSRP. It's a skip the line build that I got for MSRP so I'll just give you my deal. Due by 1/16

TS
TS
I<3URANUS

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
Honestly not bad at all. If I hadn't already bought a Tacoma I'd be interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448