CREW Formula 1 Crew: 2022 Summer Silly Season has begun - Aug 28th next race

hurleywurley

That’s a rock fact
OT Supporter
Dec 8, 2006
Dickinson, TX
All the story lines and all I can think of is how after all these years, I now actively hate the FIA and Pirelli over the tire rules and their construction. It's simply absurd to have pencil eraser tires on what could be the most exciting F1 cars in a generation (or two).
God help the driver that pushes a bit or gets the tires one degree Celsius hotter thirty seconds before he was supposed to.

What does Pirelli get out of this arrangement? Does a single race fan look at this stuff and decide to purchase a set for their own car?
the association I get is still remembering their tires exploding so no, I will not be considering Pirellis ever and hopefully no one else does.

psykosis

FFS aka Ferrari's Favorite Strategy
Oct 31, 2001
Listing between sin and salvation
And now I’m at the hard tire call. What the actual fuck.
In their defense, their hand was forced. They started on mediums, so they had to use either softs or hards, and there were way too many laps left for softs to be a consideration. They fucked up from the start by not starting on softs.

I think they had a two stop plan in mind with mediums for the first two stints and then finish on softs, but with RBR and Merc starting on softs, it forced Ferrari to adapt. They were just in a spot where it wasn't going to work out.

f00l

Jun 14, 2004
I think PER got a little screwed over by Rebull recently. the past upgrades must have catered more toward Max's style and thus made it difficult for him to drive.

Reactions: wait*what

hurleywurley

That’s a rock fact
OT Supporter
Dec 8, 2006
Dickinson, TX
In their defense, their hand was forced. They started on mediums, so they had to use either softs or hards, and there were way too many laps left for softs to be a consideration. They fucked up from the start by not starting on softs.

I think they had a two stop plan in mind with mediums for the first two stints and then finish on softs, but with RBR and Merc starting on softs, it forced Ferrari to adapt. They were just in a spot where it wasn't going to work out.
perfect AV

Jeebus

Sep 27, 2000
KNOCK KNOCK! LOL!
It’s gotten to the point I wouldn’t be surprised if it comes out in a few years that the mafia and Ferrari were manipulating results for bets.

Janson

OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2003
Davidson, NC
I understand that. Did their engineers suddenly get good this year vs. last? And if they suddenly have elite engineers and designers, the team pairs them with idiot management?
It not like they were ever bad. They had a good car in previous years, thanks to some "creative" engine build, but couldn't keep up with merc and RB on development. Merc got it wrong this year and Ferrari didn't. God only knows what's gonna happen in the future.

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
All the story lines and all I can think of is how after all these years, I now actively hate the FIA and Pirelli over the tire rules and their construction. It's simply absurd to have pencil eraser tires on what could be the most exciting F1 cars in a generation (or two).
God help the driver that pushes a bit or gets the tires one degree Celsius hotter thirty seconds before he was supposed to.

What does Pirelli get out of this arrangement? Does a single race fan look at this stuff and decide to purchase a set for their own car?
They might get some sales out of it, but Pirelli is close to the last brand of tire I would purchase...

Reactions: GH0ST

6SpeedTA95

OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2003
Oklahoma
They might get some sales out of it, but Pirelli is close to the last brand of tire I would purchase...
Just like most tire MFGs they have good and bad tires. They make an all season for SUVs that is excellent. They also have a whole lot of mediocre shit.

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
Just like most tire MFGs they have good and bad tires. They make an all season for SUVs that is excellent. They also have a whole lot of mediocre shit.
Possibly, living in the North I don't believe in all season tires. I have Summer wheels/tires for Spring - Fall and Winter wheels/tires for Winter...

6SpeedTA95

OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2003
Oklahoma
Possibly, living in the North I don't believe in all season tires. I have Summer wheels/tires for Spring - Fall and Winter wheels/tires for Winter...
I've done that before, but I'm not doing that shit on my DD or my wife's MDX. If I had a sports car then sure. Did it on my DD for 4 or 5 years and it was mostly a PITA. Hell I tracked my BMW on Michelin PS AS3's :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971