CREW Formula 1 Crew: 2022 Summer Silly Season has begun - Aug 28th next race

ihaveanevilplan

Everybody wake up, wake up, it's time to get down
Jul 9, 2004
San Francisco, CA
I don't know what his contract is like, but Gasly would be the perfect fit for the Alpine spot (if Piastri doesn't work out)
He gets to finally move out of the midfield to a works team (there's no real shot for him to get into Merc/RB/Ferrari) and Alpine gets an experienced solid driver.

Plus an all French team would probably be great for marketing :mamoru:

hondaluva

likes free hugs...
Jul 6, 2001
I don't know what his contract is like, but Gasly would be the perfect fit for the Alpine spot (if Piastri doesn't work out)
He gets to finally move out of the midfield to a works team (there's no real shot for him to get into Merc/RB/Ferrari) and Alpine gets an experienced solid driver.

I would love to see that... but I remember two people on here once told me Gasly and Ocon do not get along....at all.

f00l

Jun 14, 2004

GAS just signed for next year at AT

and he and OCO hate each other. I don't think he would like that pairing.

But maybe for the right price.

• Haha
Reactions: wait*what

6SpeedTA95

OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2003
Oklahoma
good, Mick going there would be the end of his career. Now instead we get at least 2 years of Alonso bitching about how terrible his car is again.
I agree with this. I'm disappointed that Alonso is going there though. That team is an absolute fucking shit show and graveyard. One of the greatest drivers of all time (VET) has looked mediocre as fuck in those cars. Alonso, also a tremendous driver will look like shit. I hate that. It's one of the things I dislike the most about F1.

Chicane

Ad Hoc
OT Supporter
May 4, 2001
West Virginia
Amazing stuff.

Bernie must be spinning in his (still unsealed) grave.

He would never have permitted a situation where drivers could speak on their own accord via social media. This is quite a situation unfolding here. It might be a fun summer break.

Reactions: yonson

Joe_Cool

Judge Judy and Executioner
OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2003
I agree with this. I'm disappointed that Alonso is going there though. That team is an absolute fucking shit show and graveyard. One of the greatest drivers of all time (VET) has looked mediocre as fuck in those cars. Alonso, also a tremendous driver will look like shit. I hate that. It's one of the things I dislike the most about F1.
It has always (in my many many years of watching f1 lol) seemed really weird to me how the majority of the teams and drivers aren't even trying to win, they're just taking up space. Even the Dallas cowboys TRY to win, and try to improve, even though they know they suck. But Williams, haas, alfa, etc seem content to just putter around in last place. So odd.

Chicane

Ad Hoc
OT Supporter
May 4, 2001
West Virginia
That’s why Bernie was boring
I'm old, yet I agree.
He was a flat-out visionary at the beginning but he didn't understand technology and was scared of every bit of it. I think, to this day, he doesn't understand the Internet, and will have still kept F1 off of it.

f00l

Jun 14, 2004
Did not expect Alex to get a multi year deal. does that take him away from RB?

with that happening I see LAT getting sent...

into a wall

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

Users who are viewing this thread

• About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
    OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
    Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
    Guests online
    Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    wet0529