CREW Formula 1 Crew: 2022 Summer Silly Season has begun - Aug 28th next race

TS
TS
Boing

Boing

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2007
I am not saying that.

I am wondering if this frees him from his contract with RB.

Mercedes weren’t keen on their main rivals placing one of their juniors in a team that runs their power units so to get a deal over the line, Red Bull agreed to release Albon from the programme with year still to run on his deal.

Horner added: “He was effectively out of contract at the end of next year anyway, so basically what we have done is speed that process up and secure future options on him.”

Reactions: f00l

f00l

Jun 14, 2004
Mercedes weren’t keen on their main rivals placing one of their juniors in a team that runs their power units so to get a deal over the line, Red Bull agreed to release Albon from the programme with year still to run on his deal.

Horner added: “He was effectively out of contract at the end of next year anyway, so basically what we have done is speed that process up and secure future options on him.”
he's no longer a spy

or is he????

Chicane

Ad Hoc
OT Supporter
May 4, 2001
West Virginia
A fun week for the fans but it is also kind of sad to see behind the curtain. We all think all these people are multiple steps ahead of what's going on and everything is planned and poured over and all will be correct. No, we learn they are all as fucked up and impetuous as we are.

I learned many years ago from a guy who would know, contracts for racing drivers are the most flexible legal documents ever created. Nobody wants to bind themselves too fully to another party so there are always clauses and stipulations and dates of action and recovery points from inaction and etcetera. All this will be quietly worked out in various hotel rooms in 5-star locations and we will only see the confirming Tweets.

Reactions: 12xalt

Janson

OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2003
Davidson, NC
A fun week for the fans but it is also kind of sad to see behind the curtain. We all think all these people are multiple steps ahead of what's going on and everything is planned and poured over and all will be correct. No, we learn they are all as fucked up and impetuous as we are.

I learned many years ago from a guy who would know, contracts for racing drivers are the most flexible legal documents ever created. Nobody wants to bind themselves too fully to another party so there are always clauses and stipulations and dates of action and recovery points from inaction and etcetera. All this will be quietly worked out in various hotel rooms in 5-star locations and we will only see the confirming Tweets.
I watched a video on the story of how star trek was created and all the behind the scenes things going on. He made this as a recurring bit/stinger.

6SpeedTA95

OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2003
Oklahoma
It has always (in my many many years of watching f1 lol) seemed really weird to me how the majority of the teams and drivers aren't even trying to win, they're just taking up space. Even the Dallas cowboys TRY to win, and try to improve, even though they know they suck. But Williams, haas, alfa, etc seem content to just putter around in last place. So odd.
This is really no different than any other racing league though.

zhiniibob

soy lago
OT Supporter
Feb 1, 2005
Not a surprise if true. He just never could get it together in that car. Hopefully someone in F1 picks him up.
Question will be if he can accept his role in a lower team. Alpine makes the most sense but any team with a vacancy will be chatting with him

Janson

OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2003
Davidson, NC
Question will be if he can accept his role in a lower team. Alpine makes the most sense but any team with a vacancy will be chatting with him
Alpine: “We have spoken with Mclaren and come to terms to send our driver, Oscar piastri, to them in exchange for Daniel Ricciardo”

Sibs

FUCK THIS TEAM
Apr 4, 2001
Boston
Probably better for Danny Ric to get out of McLaren at this point - car doesnt fit him, he cant get on top of it, and continuing to lose to Lando can't be good for him or his perceived value.

Ric can probably continue his career in F1, but I'd imagine the chances of a top drive are pretty slim after this experience. From touted "future world champion" to mid-field runner, yikes.

Reactions: 6SpeedTA95

Sibs

FUCK THIS TEAM
Apr 4, 2001
Boston
Zak is cold blooded, he pounced on Piastri and Palou when he had an inch of room to do so. Discarding Ricciardo and Rosenqvist with the quickness (well probably just sending Rosenqvist to Formula E or Extreme E).

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wet0529