CREW Formula 1 Crew: 2022 Summer Silly Season has begun - Aug 28th next race

jeri534

OT Supporter
Jul 17, 2002
I wish all these moves would be active by the end of break...would be a spicy 2nd half of the season

shallow777

I'm watching
OT Supporter
Nov 10, 2003
NY
Alpine got boned. Lose Alonso, and then lose the top prospect that they had been grooming for the seat all at once.

Couldn't offer Alonso a long enough deal because they had to offer a seat to Piastri by 2024 or lose him. At the same time Piastri desperate to get a drive for next year makes the deal with McLaren rather than go to the back with Williams. Alonso goes to Aston to secure a longer contract and assume they have Piastri to fill the seat but he is already gone. Now DR is also screwed. If Danny can't grab the Alpine seat he will be out of the midfield and only left with prospects at the back of the grid or nothing.

Newt

OT Supporter
Sep 11, 2003
NVloc - 514.QC
Alpine got boned. Lose Alonso, and then lose the top prospect that they had been grooming for the seat all at once.

Couldn't offer Alonso a long enough deal because they had to offer a seat to Piastri by 2024 or lose him. At the same time Piastri desperate to get a drive for next year makes the deal with McLaren rather than go to the back with Williams. Alonso goes to Aston to secure a longer contract and assume they have Piastri to fill the seat but he is already gone. Now DR is also screwed. If Danny can't grab the Alpine seat he will be out of the midfield and only left with prospects at the back of the grid or nothing.
HAAS might have an opening.

deegan

Shoulda, woulda, coulda does not build prophecies
OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2004
🇦🇺
Lol I was reading something earlier and didnt post my msg..

”so Mclaren are the shittiest team out, huge feeling they are basically going to leave ric on the cards, pay him his 15mil and get him to sit on the sidelines like Ferrari did to kimi one year”

and welp, here we are. I hope ric changes teams and kicks ass next year. Fuck Zak Brown.

Janson

OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2003
Davidson, NC
Lol I was reading something earlier and didnt post my msg..

”so Mclaren are the shittiest team out, huge feeling they are basically going to leave ric on the cards, pay him his 15mil and get him to sit on the sidelines like Ferrari did to kimi one year”

and welp, here we are. I hope ric changes teams and kicks ass next year. Fuck Zak Brown.
Who is the one that is constantly way slower than their teammate? Is it Zak or Danny? It’s a business and RIC is clearly not performing well enough to keep that seat.

deegan

OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2004
🇦🇺
Who is the one that is constantly way slower than their teammate? Is it Zak or Danny? It’s a business and RIC is clearly not performing well enough to keep that seat.
To sit someone on the sidelines and pay them their 15min is trash, get them to move along, don’t tell them and everyone you’re fully committed to them for their 2023 seat whLen you know full well you aren’t and you’re going to stab them in the back like this.

Thats what im talking about.

deegan

OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2004
🇦🇺
DTS is going to run with this.
fuck DTS :rofl: cant believe people that watch f1 even think about that trash
I wouldn't be mad about RIC going to Haas. KMag has shown the car is fairly capable. I think that move more than returning to Alpine, but I can't really explain why. I just don't care for Alpine, but have no reasoning behind that.
id be down, HAAS seems to have a decent car this year and someone like Ric I think could work with it

bigben14

OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2007
I think I'd rather see him at Alpine? Haas is fairly exciting now but surely their financial constraints are going to catch up to them while the rest of the midfield push ahead with development. I just don't want to see him fighting among the back markers.

Newt

OT Supporter
Sep 11, 2003
NVloc - 514.QC
I think I'd rather see him at Alpine? Haas is fairly exciting now but surely their financial constraints are going to catch up to them while the rest of the midfield push ahead with development. I just don't want to see him fighting among the back markers.
Cost caps work heavily in HAAS' favour.

Newt

OT Supporter
Sep 11, 2003
NVloc - 514.QC
Are Haas even spending up to the cost cap now? I think they were spending a bit over half of the $145m cap in 2020, so they'd still be at a disadvantage, just less so now.
I mean, just look at where haas is sitting in the constructors championship this year compared to the previous years. Clearly it's done them well. When teams like merc can't throw half a billion dollars a season, of course the lower end teams will get an advantage.

Plus lower teams get more wind tunnel time and some other perks iirc.

I'm not saying HAAS is going to be fighting for championships, but they're doing far better than they have been for years pre-cap.

bigben14

OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2007
I mean, just look at where haas is sitting in the constructors championship this year compared to the previous years. Clearly it's done them well. When teams like merc can't throw half a billion dollars a season, of course the lower end teams will get an advantage.

Plus lower teams get more wind tunnel time and some other perks iirc.

I'm not saying HAAS is going to be fighting for championships, but they're doing far better than they have been for years pre-cap.
I really hope so, I just think it's too early to say anything definitively. With a brand new regulation change, some teams were bound to get it right and some were bound to get it wrong. You'd think that the rest of the field will close the gap and develop their cars way more quickly than a team that's operating on half the same budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wet0529