CREW Formula 1 Crew: 2022 Summer Silly Season has begun - Aug 28th next race

Newt

OT Supporter
Sep 11, 2003
NVloc - 514.QC
I really hope so, I just think it's too early to say anything definitively. With a brand new regulation change, some teams were bound to get it right and some were bound to get it wrong. You'd think that the rest of the field will close the gap and develop their cars way more quickly than a team that's operating on half the same budget.
HAAS started development early, and has always run smaller staff than the larger teams. Using Dallara for example instead of making the cars in house. It shouldn't be too surprising that they're (relatively) doing more with less.

ihaveanevilplan

Everybody wake up, wake up, it's time to get down
Jul 9, 2004
San Francisco, CA
Probably better for Danny Ric to get out of McLaren at this point - car doesnt fit him, he cant get on top of it, and continuing to lose to Lando can't be good for him or his perceived value.

Ric can probably continue his career in F1, but I'd imagine the chances of a top drive are pretty slim after this experience. From touted "future world champion" to mid-field runner, yikes.

Agreed on all points

deegan

Shoulda, woulda, coulda does not build prophecies
OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2004
🇦🇺
he's a washed up almost has been that's charming outside of a race car :scootin:
that still finishes better than half the race field.. and the only mclaren driver to win in the last 10 yrs. Besides this year the dudes still been a top 5th/6th driver for 9 years besides renault when he was 9th, 8 wins, 32 podiums in a merc dominated era in non championship contending cars.

one bad season in a car not built for his driving style and completely built around lando and hes a washed up almost has been? Lol

Last edited:

CPTMULLET

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
that still finishes better than half the race field.. and the only mclaren driver to win in the last 10 yrs. Besides this year the dudes still been a top 5th/6th driver for 9 years besides renault when he was 9th, 8 wins, 32 podiums in a merc dominated era in non championship contending cars.

one bad season in a car not built for his driving style and completely built around lando and hes a washed up almost has been? Lol
he's not gonna fuck you

Joe_Cool

Judge Judy and Executioner
OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2003
Probably better for Danny Ric to get out of McLaren at this point - car doesnt fit him, he cant get on top of it, and continuing to lose to Lando can't be good for him or his perceived value.

Ric can probably continue his career in F1, but I'd imagine the chances of a top drive are pretty slim after this experience. From touted "future world champion" to mid-field runner, yikes.
Who knew leaving red bull for renault wouldn't be a winning decision?

TS
TS
Boing

Boing

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2007
I'd love Danny in Indycar. I know Rahal invited Seb to come check out his car, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971