CREW Formula 1 Crew: 2022 Summer Silly Season has begun - Aug 28th next race

CPTMULLET

Jun 30, 2008
Portland, OR
FOOK YES

Alright F1 crew question. We're going to the UK in March. Is there a full on F1 experience where my wife and I can ride in an F1 car at Silverstone? All I've found are the 400hp cars that more akin to F3.
I'm pretty sure that's as fast as you're gonna go without a billionaire daddy
Annoyed glance from across a restaurant = intimate retirement discussion
autism thread 2.0 iirc

VicenteFox

Does your mother still hang out at dockside bars?
Sep 15, 2001
Garbage Grove, Ca
my position is if a young driver has a crack at a higher tier of racing, team owner should support that. Like if Callum Ilott has a chance at an F1 seat i'm sure Junco's will let him go.

this all should have been sorted out in the contracts w/ agents but though there was a fumble there Chip should take some role in cultivating careers of a driver

TS
TS
Boing

Boing

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2007
Asked if he would consider replacing his 35-year-old mentor, Haas driver Schumacher said, "Obviously, there is still lots to do here so that is where my focus lies at the moment and what the future brings, we will see."

Pressed further on the issue, Schumacher, who is out of contract at the end of the year, added: “Never say never, but obviously, my focus is Budapest right now.

Schumacher has a long-standing relationship with Aston Martin executive chairman Lawrence Stroll, with the Canadian sponsoring father Michael during his time at Ferrari.

Schumacher added: “I have known them for a very long time and we have always been good with each other.

“Also, back in karting, he has always taken care of me.”

Reactions: Section8

VicenteFox

Does your mother still hang out at dockside bars?
Sep 15, 2001
Garbage Grove, Ca
the F1 thing has to be posturing, mclaren has a stable of drivers they are prepping for potential f1 drives with no guarantee any of them make F1
dangling a F1 seat as part of a ride in Indy seems totally okay with me. At the very least you'll get some seat time in an F1 car test and get more eyeballs on their own 'brand' from F1 press

Chicane

Ad Hoc
OT Supporter
May 4, 2001
West Virginia
Pleased for Sebastian. He did it all on his own terms and that matches what all of us have witnessed from him.

I'm not sure how the ISIS-like hostage video, cloaked in black and white and emotion less, apologetic, demeanor adds to his announcement, but that's Sebastian.

A champion who the detractors will say he only excelled in a single rules package. Well, why were the rest of the drivers unable to succeed in that package.
A champion, particularly a multiple time champion does not need to listen to detractors.

The race is, therefore, on to fill the seat at Aston Martin. A place that hasn't sold itself quite as well as they may have hoped.
Even the Beyond the Grid podcast, today, with Mike Krack, didn't come off as well as I expected. His, also ISIS like victim, defense of Lawrence's ownership/management style seemed OVERLY prepared, managed, scripted and APPROVED.

shallow777

I'm watching
OT Supporter
Nov 10, 2003
NY
I would like to see Mick do well, but I think going to Aston will be the end of him. That team is death since Stroll bought it and I don't see it getting much better until Stroll sells it or gets way more hands off. I hope I am wrong.

Reactions: 6SpeedTA95

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Msds