CREW Formula 1 Crew: Why Race When We Can Crown Champions in Court

Polish

OT Supporter
Nov 10, 2003
Bay Area, CA
Man I was impressed with how sporting Hamilton was after the last race, I thought he handled a pretty upsetting result in a very classy way. Now though, I really can't believe there is so much walk away talk, bitching out at the F1 ceremony, social media stuff. I really expected more from a 7 time world champion whose slogan is Still I Rise or whatever. :greddy:

• Haha
Reactions: KERS

zhiniibob

soy lago
OT Supporter
Feb 1, 2005
Man I was impressed with how sporting Hamilton was after the last race, I thought he handled a pretty upsetting result in a very classy way. Now though, I really can't believe there is so much walk away talk, bitching out at the F1 ceremony, social media stuff. I really expected more from a 7 time world champion whose slogan is Still I Rise or whatever. :greddy:
He handled it well? :bowrofl:

• Haha

spooled2.2

fuck off real life flanders
OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2002
Rancho Relaxo
He isn't finished his tantrum yet bruh.

Reactions: Polish

five

May 8, 2007
Chicago, IL
women and racecars have two key things in common: gripping and slipping; so really they belong on the grid more than we may have previously thought.

Joe_Cool

Judge Judy and Executioner
OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2003
that fucking pit stop

I need new tires, guys.
No, you need to go watch the rest of the race on tv.

:rofl:

• Clown

CitznFish

Don't live life by a single sentence
OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2002
SoCal

He's going for that loveable loser vibe now. :mamoru:

Or at least as much of a loser you could be as a F1 driver...

He's with Williams, hell will be losing every other weekend and sometimes weekends in a row.

12xalt

I lost a bet, that's why
Super Moderator
Sep 14, 2001
Hazel Dell, WA (Portland, OR)
Anyone watch the Monte Carlo rally this weekend? New hybrid cars are interesting. Back up to crazy HP.

Loeb has a new (female) codriver :bowdown: and still is amazing. Coming into Monte immediately after 12 days of the Dakar (and finishing 2nd at Dakar, with a different new codriver, so one for rally raids and one for wrc). Monte may be the only WRC he runs this year though :dunno:

Reactions: SeaMack99 and Tommy

Charlie

omghi2u
OT Supporter
Jan 2, 2005
Atlanta
Anyone watch the Monte Carlo rally this weekend? New hybrid cars are interesting. Back up to crazy HP.

Loeb has a new (female) codriver :bowdown: and still is amazing. Coming into Monte immediately after 12 days of the Dakar (and finishing 2nd at Dakar, with a different new codriver, so one for rally raids and one for wrc). Monte may be the only WRC he runs this year though :dunno:
I think I saw where a 50 year old female math teacher did really well or won?

12xalt

I lost a bet, that's why
Super Moderator
Sep 14, 2001
I think I saw where a 50 year old female math teacher did really well or won?
Yup, she's 50, and yes they won. Been a long, long, long time since a woman (in either seat) was part of a winning team in WRC (there was a female codriver a few years ago that did podium a few times though)

it also makes him the oldest driver (at 47, because I read about it this morning) to have won a WRC event

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
Yup, she's 50, and yes they won. Been a long, long, long time since a woman (in either seat) was part of a winning team in WRC (there was a female codriver a few years ago that did podium a few times though)

it also makes him the oldest driver (at 47, because I read about it this morning) to have won a WRC event
I believe she has codriven for him before in other races as well and has been for quite a while, just not the big ones.

Reactions: 12xalt

Janson

OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2003
Davidson, NC

OMG a FIFTY year old navigating? He's lucky they didn't end up on a different continent.

• Haha

12xalt

I lost a bet, that's why
Super Moderator
Sep 14, 2001
I believe she has codriven for him before in other races as well and has been for quite a while, just not the big ones.
I was about to say too bad he's not running the full 2022 series. But fuck that, I like seeing other people winning :o

So she needs to jump in with another driver :x:

And bring back Ilka Minor, really enjoyed when she was codriving too. And her name is fun to say.

Tommy

Long Member Standing
Apr 12, 2001
NYC

I downloaded it and will check it out. :cool:

Janson

OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2003
Davidson, NC
Friend of mine did the codriver thing into his early 80s :eek3: and another only recently "retired" from it, I think he's around 80ish now. Local stuff though, maybe some national events.
He was probably calling out the second corner as they were parking the car.

• Haha

Tommy

Long Member Standing
Apr 12, 2001
NYC
The WRC intro seems have the same flow as the F1 intro. :cool: The cars look lively too.

Rooting for Craig Breen. :bowdown:

WRC torrent may or may not be here: :o

TS
TS
Boing

Boing

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2007

Might check it out later.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor