GAME Forza Horizon 5 is easily the best Forza game ever made. Probably the best racing game out now.

xconverge

OT Supporter
Apr 11, 2008
San Francisco, CA
I played a decent amount of fh4 when I had gamepass. It was so fun compared to the seriousness of iracing and all the other sims I was into at the time. Same with wreckfest, that game is probably my favorite game I have played with a wheel so far

Maybe I will checkout fh5

Reactions: EE CUMMINGS

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
I never really played Horizon.

I always liked to take stock cars and go run them at the Ring and LS to see what thats like and how quick I can get them. Last I knew you cant do that on Horizon games, which I realize is not the point of them.

TS
TS
Dusty Busterson

Dusty Busterson

OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas
I never really played Horizon.

I always liked to take stock cars and go run them at the Ring and LS to see what thats like and how quick I can get them. Last I knew you cant do that on Horizon games, which I realize is not the point of them.
FH5 fixes that, you aren’t locked into modifying your cars at all or being in a specific class, I haven’t upgraded most of my cars either.

Upgrades do actually change the sound of the car depending on what it is though, engine sounds are vastly improved over the trash (literally copy/pasted between cars in some instances in FH4).

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

thumpr

someone you trust is one of us
OT Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
大阪, 日本
played the wheels off FH4

Mexico doesn't particularly interest me though. trailer looked very off-road centric, which doesn't really blow my skirt up

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
I always liked the horizon games because they were a fun casual take on racing games. Physics is more arcadey and you can do stupid things like get thousands of feet of air in a lambo or run a range rover across the countryside like a lunatic. I'm rarely in the mood for perfecting lap times on a specific course anymore

Boots

I'm wearing a disguise
Jul 2, 2001
🇨🇦
You should be able to buy this game, go to the menu and unlock every vehicle and have max cash. I'd love to fuck around with all the cars but I have no time or desire to unlock shit

Reactions: Nikuk
TS
TS
Dusty Busterson

Dusty Busterson

OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas
You should be able to buy this game, go to the menu and unlock every vehicle and have max cash. I'd love to fuck around with all the cars but I have no time or desire to unlock shit
That is one thing I like about Forza Motorsport, has Free Play with any car selectable from the moment you begin the game.

Reactions: Boots
TS
TS
Dusty Busterson

Dusty Busterson

OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas
I'm gonna mess with it, since it's on Gamepass, but the Horizon series has never appealed to me the way the Forza Motorsport series has.

At this rate it looks like Gran Turismo 7 will arrive before the next mainline Forza.
This year we got FH5, next year we will likely get FM8 (now called simply “Forza Motorsport”, it’ll be one game constantly updated for at least the next few years).

I’d be expecting it in 2023 as its being completely rebuilt from the ground up apparently, plus usual game delays and shit.

TS
TS
Dusty Busterson

Dusty Busterson

OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas
Worth buying an Xbox for?
Not if you can’t get the Series S or X or you can find an Xbox One for cheap. It runs and plays just fine on the One, but you can just tell you’re playing on an eight year old console locked to 30 FPS and 1080p resolution.

Still doesn’t really detract from the game except longer load times, but good luck finding a Series Xbox on a whim.

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
FH5 fixes that, you aren’t locked into modifying your cars at all or being in a specific class, I haven’t upgraded most of my cars either.

Upgrades do actually change the sound of the car depending on what it is though, engine sounds are vastly improved over the trash (literally copy/pasted between cars in some instances in FH4).
You can’t race at the track though on Fh5 right?

What’s the major point to FH? I played it for a few mins a few years ago until my attention span ran out because all I was doing was randomly driving around the street with zero purpose

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74