GAME Forza Horizon 5 is easily the best Forza game ever made. Probably the best racing game out now.

bigben14

OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2007
Has anyone gotten banned for this shit? I still have everything from the Goliath glitch, but I’ve heard of people on Reddit and FB losing millions of CR and “illegally” bought cars overnight.
Not that I know of? I haven't really done it myself too much, just saw it on reddit

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
It gets easier. Play Motorsport 7, and watch videos about real track driving. I watched my lap times drop by 10 seconds once I learned how not to crash and beyond that, how to actually take corners, when to brake and accelerate, etc. I haven’t used assists including even the braking line since FM3.

Then I had the chance to drive on a real track last month and did ok. Forza Motorsport is pretty spot on for pick up and play console driving.

I drove a similar track in the game when I got home and the tire grip and “wheel feel” felt the same just through the controller.

I’ve been playing Forza for 18 years now, pretty much daily. And I’m still not on any championship boards or anything, but that’s not what I play for either. I play to enjoy the game because it’s the closest I’ll get to driving probably 80% of the cars.
Any specific YT recommendations you'd make for who/what to watch?

I've been a car guy my whole life and into the HPDE/RR/handleobra scene, I've just never done it IRL. So I'm fairly aware on at least the basics of track stuff. I used to drive hard on backroads but that was years ago and I'm certainly afraid to totally lose it or have a car come out of nowhere or something. I'd push pretty fucking hard when I had my road racing tires on all 4 corners of my C5Z tho lol...but still not tracking. Neither is gaming but it can't hurt.

Anywho, some rambling-I just think that graduating from Forza on a console to a sim on a PC would be a lot more realistic and help me become a much better driver IRL. Half the appeal is also "getting to drive" cars I dont have, would never buy or get a chance to drive. I just have to do some research on the absolute best way to do it. PCs with good VCs, or VCs in general are so hard to find and at a premium, one VR set I heard was awesome people said has been sold out for like 2 years. Maybe I could use it as my new Plex server (been using a laptop+externals the entire time lol) and/or mine some crypto while I'm not gaming :dunno: I wont have time to figure it all out to take advantage of whatever BF sales are going on next week, and have another project I'll be working on for a couple months. I'm a frugal fuck, but when it comes to buying something important, I prefer to spend for good/the best shit. So I dont mind dropping a couple grand or so on a VR/wheel/PC. I think it'll be worth it.

Reactions: Dusty Busterson

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
Tried manual last night.

I am not good enough to switch gears and stay on the road and watch my revs and know what gear to be in on off road courses :o

also, i feel like the seasonal championships this week are much more difficult.
Ya...I've got my FM7 set to pretty much full sim. No ABS, TCS full sim handling or whatever, but I still haven't bridged to full manual mode. I often am concentrating so hard on all the things that I dont want another thing to think about or when I try it I forget to shift or something :rofl:

You can totally get why on a track, someone would prefer a DCT over a manual. Street car, I want nothing but a stick.

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
Forza is much better on console, hands down. It’s easier to get into and more fun to just hop in a car and play. As for the physics, they aren’t sitting there tuning each of 700+ cars. The physics engine takes care of how the cars will act and drive.

AC is more a hardcore sim meant for use with a high end wheel on a dedicated gaming Pc. Forza is more of a game anyone can pick up and play on console.

what? why in the world would Forza be better on console? easier to get into and more fun to just hop in a car and play? what does that even mean? i hit start on the game and then it loads and then i'm playing the game. video game consoles are just specialized PCs, there's nothing they do that a PC can't do. there's literally nothing that could possibly make a console version of this game better outside of performance issues for a bad port and this game runs like an absolute dream on PC, so that's not the case here.

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
All seasonal events done again...

Except for arcade ones. Still borked for me.

you gotta join a premade group for arcades, given how the game works right now it's basically impossible to complete them just driving over and doing them when you see them. it will desync you from nearby players even if there are enough players but there won't be because everyone knows it's broken right now.

i use Discord to form groups to get arcades done, did it both weeks no problem.

HipHopHead

My flow spill like using the wrong end of a funnel
Jul 18, 2001
Minnesota
what? why in the world would Forza be better on console? easier to get into and more fun to just hop in a car and play? what does that even mean? i hit start on the game and then it loads and then i'm playing the game. video game consoles are just specialized PCs, there's nothing they do that a PC can't do. there's literally nothing that could possibly make a console version of this game better outside of performance issues for a bad port and this game runs like an absolute dream on PC, so that's not the case here.
I think he is saying that if you are playing on a console, then play Forza and leave the sims to a decent PC setup. He’s not saying Forza is better on console then PC.

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
streaming games 🤮

according to this interview:

they're gonna go hard on cloud streaming and they want people that don't have consoles at all to play the games using a smart phone or a smart tv or whatever

Lacuta

:OG:
Oct 30, 2001
Ann Arbor, MI
If I don’t own a console, can I play this through the Xbox game streaming service?

Anyone try playing through this?

Yes you can play on Android/iOS. Basically streams to your screen. Just get a gamepad, or use a new xbox/playstation controller (bluetooth), and you're all set

i've tried it and it works. You can always do the xbox game pass ultimate trial and try for yourself

Reactions: Epik High

Lacuta

Oct 30, 2001
Ann Arbor, MI
so is there a strategy in this game where you just use E-Brake on turns? I feel like i've seen people do that but i don't know the horizon mechanics well enough

Epik High

OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2004
San Francisco
Yes you can play on Android/iOS. Basically streams to your screen. Just get a gamepad, or use a new xbox/playstation controller (bluetooth), and you're all set

i've tried it and it works. You can always do the xbox game pass ultimate trial and try for yourself

Thanks…didn’t realize they had a free trial so I signed up.

Tried it on my Surface Pro and iPad and it worked much better on the iPad…go figure. Gonna try it again later by using a hardwire connection instead of Wi-Fi.

It works but I feel like this is a good way to sample games or play super casually.

Oh and my GOD Horizon 5 is a pretty game and the production value is amazing. I’ll probably have to buy the console just to only play this game.

TS
TS
Dusty Busterson

Dusty Busterson

OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas
I think he is saying that if you are playing on a console, then play Forza and leave the sims to a decent PC setup. He’s not saying Forza is better on console then PC.
This exactly, I’ve never had a fun or easy time trying to play hardcore sim racers like AC on console. They’re better played with a monster PC and a real wheel/pedals setup.

Lacuta

Oct 30, 2001
Ann Arbor, MI
Thanks…didn’t realize they had a free trial so I signed up.

Tried it on my Surface Pro and iPad and it worked much better on the iPad…go figure. Gonna try it again later by using a hardwire connection instead of Wi-Fi.

It works but I feel like this is a good way to sample games or play super casually.

Oh and my GOD Horizon 5 is a pretty game and the production value is amazing. I’ll probably have to buy the console just to only play this game.

If Microsoft says what they're going to do with cloud gaming... and they've already done it with several AAA titles. Really impressive technology and the concept has been proved. Way of the future.

Get yourself a Series S you'll be golden

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec