GAME Forza Horizon 5 is easily the best Forza game ever made. Probably the best racing game out now.

BeagleMe

Nov 4, 2009
Claremont, CA/Adelaide, SA
what? why in the world would Forza be better on console? easier to get into and more fun to just hop in a car and play? what does that even mean? i hit start on the game and then it loads and then i'm playing the game. video game consoles are just specialized PCs, there's nothing they do that a PC can't do. there's literally nothing that could possibly make a console version of this game better outside of performance issues for a bad port and this game runs like an absolute dream on PC, so that's not the case here.

You’ve totally missed the point. A massive thing about Horizon is how casual it is. I can come home, push one button on a controller, turn my tv on and I’m driving around in a car within about a minute’s time. It isn’t about how much better technically a pc will run it, it’s about not having to deal with a pc. It’s obvious that it’s been geared towards consoles with its ease of access, which really is the entire point of a console.

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
You’ve totally missed the point. A massive thing about Horizon is how casual it is. I can come home, push one button on a controller, turn my tv on and I’m driving around in a car within about a minute’s time. It isn’t about how much better technically a pc will run it, it’s about not having to deal with a pc. It’s obvious that it’s been geared towards consoles with its ease of access, which really is the entire point of a console.

why wouldn't i be able to do that on a pc? i do. i'm probably on there even faster than you. just tab over to gamepass, hit x on my controller and i'm in the game. you have some weird ideas about using pcs lmao

GH0ST

OT Supporter
Jul 5, 2003
GA
why wouldn't i be able to do that on a pc? i do. i'm probably on there even faster than you. just tab over to gamepass, hit x on my controller and i'm in the game. you have some weird ideas about using pcs lmao

Can't believe it's almost 2022 and console gamers still think PCs are hard to use. Hope someone doesn't tell them Xbox is the same thing as a PC :hs:

Keksimus

OT Supporter
Jan 16, 2012
Can't believe it's almost 2022 and console gamers still think PCs are hard to use. Hope someone doesn't tell them Xbox is the same thing as a PC :hs:

I was gonna say that they act like the elderly, but even my friend's grandpa plays FF XIV on PC no problem

TS
TS
Dusty Busterson

Dusty Busterson

OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas
Probably because they’re used to their Walmart special budget PC with integrated graphics, that often just won’t play newer games, or they barely run/are playable. Someone just sending emails and on Zoom calls for work doesn’t need a monster PC, so they stick with the cheap, old one they have that still works.

The Xbox (and consoles) are geared towards these more casual gamers.

When they think “game” they think “Xbox/PS”, not PC and that’s exactly what Microsoft and Sony have spent billions to have happen.

Reactions: Lacuta

Lacuta

:OG:
Oct 30, 2001
Ann Arbor, MI
Probably because they’re used to their Walmart special budget PC with integrated graphics, that often just won’t play newer games, or they barely run/are playable. Someone just sending emails and on Zoom calls for work doesn’t need a monster PC, so they stick with the cheap, old one they have that still works.

The Xbox (and consoles) are geared towards these more casual gamers.

When they think “game” they think “Xbox/PS”, not PC and that’s exactly what Microsoft and Sony have spent billions to have happen.

:werd: also, things such as downloading a video card driver on PC is more advanced than what 50-75% of users are able to handle

Reactions: Dusty Busterson

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
Anyone been trying multiplayer lately? The long waits and short races have been keeping me holding off as of late

i've done a decent amount of multiplayer but the way it takes so long to get started and how you might just disconnect and how it puts you in events of like 5 races when i might just wanna do 1 and people are constantly disconnecting or just dropping out entirely puts me off of it. they really need to fix this disconnect shit. like i'll be driving around, pop up a message "you disconnected" and then you hit retry and it instantly comes back, there's something going on here that is not a disconnect. other online games do not give me this problem and i play a TON of online games.

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
Everything had been working mostly fine for me - up until this winter season. For some reason no matter what I do it wont let me complete two of the championships. The Real Deal and the Night Street race ones. Tried each a biazillion times with all manner of tricks other people have tried and worked I read on reddit and no luck. I need like 4 more points for this seaons 2nd car.

TS
TS
Dusty Busterson

Dusty Busterson

OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas
i've done a decent amount of multiplayer but the way it takes so long to get started and how you might just disconnect and how it puts you in events of like 5 races when i might just wanna do 1 and people are constantly disconnecting or just dropping out entirely puts me off of it. they really need to fix this disconnect shit. like i'll be driving around, pop up a message "you disconnected" and then you hit retry and it instantly comes back, there's something going on here that is not a disconnect. other online games do not give me this problem and i play a TON of online games.
It’s not disconnecting, it’s a known bug in the game they’re working on. At least they somewhat fixed it, it used to completely stop your car every time it would reset and act like you crashed, so you’d lose skill chains and stuff.

TS
TS
Dusty Busterson

Dusty Busterson

OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas
Everything had been working mostly fine for me - up until this winter season. For some reason no matter what I do it wont let me complete two of the championships. The Real Deal and the Night Street race ones. Tried each a biazillion times with all manner of tricks other people have tried and worked I read on reddit and no luck. I need like 4 more points for this seaons 2nd car.
Yeah this season is fucked I bet they end up just giving everyone the cars like they’ve done before.

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
And dont get me started on the this weeks Trial.

I never really got into the seasons on the previous Forza's so I'm sure I'll burn myself out on what give a shit I have left.

Haven't even done all the bonus boards or driven all the roads yet.

Boots

I'm wearing a disguise
Jul 2, 2001
🇨🇦
Love the game. Up to about 200 cars.

Wants:
  1. an easy way to share cars with friends
  2. some way to share your garage via a link so you can show what you have
  3. some indicator of where your convoy friends are so you can find each other. How is this not implemented?

Reactions: Dusty Busterson

UnaBomber

Closed-minded pig-headed racist xenophobe
OT Supporter
Apr 7, 2004
Bluffton, SC
this game literally optimizes itself for any PC the first time you open it

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
this game literally optimizes itself for any PC the first time you open it

yeah i didn't have to tinker with the settings at all, it just ran the benchmark thing and then the game was running at perfect performance, looks absolutely amazing too

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
Love the game. Up to about 200 cars.

Wants:
  1. an easy way to share cars with friends
  2. some way to share your garage via a link so you can show what you have
  3. some indicator of where your convoy friends are so you can find each other. How is this not implemented?

i'm at 165 cars but i didn't do any of that grinding with the jeep or whatever to get free super wheelspins, just been playing the content normally

you can see convoy friends on the map usually, if you can't it's because you're not in the same server as them so i had to do something like fast travel to the same festival to force it to sync

Boots

I'm wearing a disguise
Jul 2, 2001
🇨🇦
i'm at 165 cars but i didn't do any of that grinding with the jeep or whatever to get free super wheelspins, just been playing the content normally

you can see convoy friends on the map usually, if you can't it's because you're not in the same server as them so i had to do something like fast travel to the same festival to force it to sync

Even still I find you can't see them on the minimap or set a common waypoint. MP seems like it was an afterthought

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
Experience has greatly nose dived.

Still can't complete any season championships no matter I do and now it's getting hung up constantly in saving and loading screens.

HipHopHead

My flow spill like using the wrong end of a funnel
Jul 18, 2001
Minnesota
Experience has greatly nose dived.

Still can't complete any season championships no matter I do and now it's getting hung up constantly in saving and loading screens.
What is the problem exactly? I have had no problems with Championships. Just did 3 last night.

I did get an infinite saving screen last night that told me not to turn off my device. I had no choice. :noes: Luckily my profile didn't get corrupted. First time I had that problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448