GAME Forza Horizon 5 is easily the best Forza game ever made. Probably the best racing game out now.

antiabercrombie

OT Supporter
Aug 5, 2002
DFW, Texas
Experience has greatly nose dived.

Still can't complete any season championships no matter I do and now it's getting hung up constantly in saving and loading screens.

After the latest update I'm getting caught on the savings screens whenever I go to paint/modify a vehicle. When I go to save my changes, it just sits and spins. I got two really long loading screens, but they eventually loaded. Had to close the game on the save screens, though.

TS
TS
Dusty Busterson

Dusty Busterson

OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas
After the latest update I'm getting caught on the savings screens whenever I go to paint/modify a vehicle. When I go to save my changes, it just sits and spins. I got two really long loading screens, but they eventually loaded. Had to close the game on the save screens, though.
Seems they finally fixed where the game would randomly delete some of your progress, as well as the connection issues, but now more issues pop up.

It took them about a year to finally get Motorsport 7 working right and bug free, but now it’s one of the best, better than FM5 or 6 for sure.

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
What is the problem exactly? I have had no problems with Championships. Just did 3 last night.

I did get an infinite saving screen last night that told me not to turn off my device. I had no choice. :noes: Luckily my profile didn't get corrupted. First time I had that problem.
Problem is I do them and it doesn't register at all. It'll say I did the races etc etc then nothing. I've tried every trick I've found on reddit etc to get them to complete

• Sad
Reactions: HipHopHead

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
Made sure I had appropriate car and then have tried all of the following and various combinations of which i've seen people saying works: do the races in the order they popped up, switching between cars between races or not at all, 0 fast travel, 0 rewinds, 0 restarts, on horizon solo, on horizon live, flipping back and forth between solo and live

Epik High

OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2004
San Francisco
Anyone know where I can pick up an Xbox Series S?

I sprained my ankle so I’m stuck at home….perfect opportunity to log hours on Horizon 5, but of course consoles are sold out again :(

Last edited:

datsurferguy

OT Supporter
Jun 22, 2003
Anyone know where I can pick up an Xbox One S?

I sprained my ankle so I’m stuck at home….perfect opportunity to log hours on Horizon 5, but of course consoles are sold out again :(

Don’t get the one s. You should be able to find a series s fairly easy through the hot stock app or following wario64 on Twitter

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
Finally something that worked - I've always had my cruising difficulty set to above average.

apparently you need to set your free roam difficulty to highly skilled THEN enter the race. worked fine.

then I went and bought a super wheel spin in the forzashop with the forzapoints they gave us

three car horns.

• Haha
Reactions: Boots

Epik High

OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2004
San Francisco
They have had a few of them this past week at Target. In store, but not showing up online.

I hobbled my way into a Target and they had consoles in the back stock room :bowdown:

Downloading and installing Horizon 5 as we speak.

I love how low profile the console is, and the app to login and download games is awesome. I haven’t bought a new console since the original PS4. The PS5 is way too fucking big, don’t want that tower when I have a date over.

I bought the console because of Horizon 5 and Gamepass, $15/month seems like a great deal for the game library.

HipHopHead

My flow spill like using the wrong end of a funnel
Jul 18, 2001
Minnesota
I hobbled my way into a Target and they had consoles in the back stock room :bowdown:

Downloading and installing Horizon 5 as we speak.

I love how low profile the console is, and the app to login and download games is awesome. I haven’t bought a new console since the original PS4. The PS5 is way too fucking big, don’t want that tower when I have a date over.

I bought the console because of Horizon 5 and Gamepass, $15/month seems like a great deal for the game library.
You done fucked up. You should have stocked up on regular Xbox Live first, better deals can be found but even at regular retail it is $60 for a year. Max that out at 3 years and then spend $1 (new Game Pass Ultimate members only) to convert that to 3 years of GPU.

$180÷36 months = $5/month of GPU.

If you let your Game Pass expire you can still do the trick but it'll cost you $15 to convert it instead of $1.

• Wow
Reactions: Epik High

HipHopHead

Jul 18, 2001
Minnesota
Finally something that worked - I've always had my cruising difficulty set to above average.

apparently you need to set your free roam difficulty to highly skilled THEN enter the race. worked fine.

then I went and bought a super wheel spin in the forzashop with the forzapoints they gave us

three car horns.
That's dumb. I thought for sure it used to warn you of the difficulty before you start. I just tested it, started it a low difficulty. No warning. Went to the settings from the pre race menu and the difficulty was locked at highly skilled. Must be a bug.

Last edited:

Aviv

OT Supporter
Feb 8, 2002
LBC
I'm picking this game up for the One X. I saw a comparison video between the different consoles and the One X version was almost identical to the Series X.

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
That's dumb. I thought for sure it used to warn you of the difficulty before you start. I just tested it, started it a low difficulty. No warning. Went to the settings from the pre race menu and the difficulty was locked at highly skilled. Must be a bug.
It is a bug. I had not had an issue until last season.

Your free roam difficulty should be seperate from aeasonal champion ship difficulty

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
About to prestige :bowdown:

Finally getting back into the groove, manual+clutch, all assists off, above average difficulty

Fuck having to do some of these sprints 11ty times to learn it in order to beat highly skilled :o

KingGargantuan

♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖
Oct 4, 2001
VABeach
Anyone know where I can pick up an Xbox Series S?

My Costco has them but I think they’re sold out online

I’m looking for a series x

Epik High

OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2004
San Francisco
I’m pretty mad they delisted Forza 7. It‘s one of the few racing games that have Sonoma Raceway, and would have helped getting acquainted with the track IRL.

And of course I just bought the Series S so I can’t pickup the hard copy. FML :rofl:

TS
TS
Dusty Busterson

Dusty Busterson

OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas
I’m pretty mad they delisted Forza 7. It‘s one of the few racing games that have Sonoma Raceway, and would have helped getting acquainted with the track IRL.

And of course I just bought the Series S so I can’t pickup the hard copy. FML :rofl:
That’s why Forza is the only game I’ll buy the ultimate edition of, I know I’ll play it for years to come.

HipHopHead

Jul 18, 2001
Minnesota

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Epik High

Epik High

OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2004
San Francisco
  • Cool

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448