GAME Forza Horizon 5 is easily the best Forza game ever made. Probably the best racing game out now.

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
got the last road and it wasn't even that small, pretty long dirt connector road on the west of the map. the gray was hard to see against the map but i had a middle section of it uncovered so no excuse really. i must've gotten that part racing across the map.

Reactions: Dusty Busterson

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
i'm playing on pc and this port is pretty great, getting between 100-144 fps on extreme (shadows turned down to ultra) on 1440p, no stuttering at all except when i join online matches for some reason

disconnecting isn't happening nearly as much, but i still had one today

got all the accolades for drift zones except i need to buy 3 cars and i don't have the credits right now

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
Has anyone tried co-op? Curious how it works

first three weeks when arcade was fucky i joined some groups on discord to clear arcade events. there were lots of connectivity issues though which largely seem to have cleared up (although i did disconnect today while joining an open drift event, but did not disconnect when i made it into one). i guess that counts. i don't know if they changed it or not but convoys are kind of strange and can put teammates into different servers and you should autoconnect to each other either over time or after fast traveling to the same location. once you're in the same server you can race each other, do arcade events, races, etc.

Reactions: Lacuta

Lacuta

:OG:
Oct 30, 2001
Ann Arbor, MI
first three weeks when arcade was fucky i joined some groups on discord to clear arcade events. there were lots of connectivity issues though which largely seem to have cleared up (although i did disconnect today while joining an open drift event, but did not disconnect when i made it into one). i guess that counts. i don't know if they changed it or not but convoys are kind of strange and can put teammates into different servers and you should autoconnect to each other either over time or after fast traveling to the same location. once you're in the same server you can race each other, do arcade events, races, etc.

Can you go through the campaign coop? Wondering how win XP is shared, etc.

HipHopHead

My flow spill like using the wrong end of a funnel
Jul 18, 2001
Minnesota
So you can do the regular races together and you will both get your normal full XP/$$ each. You can also do the Championships together from the Playlist and you will both get the rewards. Not sure about Stories if they will mark as complete on both sides but you can play them together. The Showcases you can also play together but I'm pretty sure only the host will be able to complete the objectives for it.

So you can work through all the normal races together but instead of you against everyone else it turns them into team races where you and your friend/s need to score more points then the AI team to win instead of winning outright. It's always 6? I think AI against your friends no matter how many friends you are racing with. I was playing with 1 other friend and he kinda sucks but even thought he sometimes finished last we still won the races because I was finishing first which gave us 50 more points then the AI team.

Reactions: Lacuta

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017

no clue how campaign events work, like the showcases seem to be built around one player doing them but that could just be because i've only done them solo. there's not much in the way of a campaign. i had all the chapters unlocked and all the events unlocked pretty early.

Epik High

OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2004
San Francisco
Wow….I played Horizon 5 and Forza Motorsport 7 for a week now and couldn’t figure out why it was so hard to control drifts and oversteer. Coming from Gran Turismo I figured I had to get used to the controller…

Well I just discovered the advanced controls lot and behold there’s a bit of dead zone in the steering as the default setting. Turned it off and now the steering feels fucking awesome

Reactions: Dusty Busterson

Smeghead

Oct 6, 2006
Klingonlandia
Great game.

What's the point by the way to buy a new car when you can buy from the auction for way cheaper
I bought the Ferrari 288 GTO for 849k vs 3.5m.

TS
TS
Dusty Busterson

Dusty Busterson

OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas
Great game.

What's the point by the way to buy a new car when you can buy from the auction for way cheaper
I bought the Ferrari 288 GTO for 849k vs 3.5m.
Some of the cars auction for more in the house than the Autoshow cost because of people who assume the AH is always cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec