GAME Forza Horizon 5 is easily the best Forza game ever made. Probably the best racing game out now.

Epik High

OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2004
San Francisco
I finally tried cloud gaming on the Series S for the first time and it was much, much better than playing on my Windows laptop or iPad. The resolution was still low-ish but the delay was much less. I could comfortably play beat-em-up games like Battle Toad. Love this feature to try out games before downloading.

Kind of a shame it required buying and using the Xbox console to get a decent cloud gaming experience, I originally wanted to save on not getting one.

Reactions: Lacuta

fuct.

Pax sola in morte
Nov 12, 2000
Houston
the only time i use photo mode is for "oh shit" moments. :rofl:

jfHwf7D.jpeg

7wPVZpa.jpeg

grjeneK.jpeg

hu8yOUf.jpeg

BeagleMe

Nov 4, 2009
Claremont, CA/Adelaide, SA
I’m just bored with it. It’s apparent that it’s FH4 with a slightly Mexican themed map, but is other wise a copy/paste. It all feels like a chore to do anything at this point. Progression, even a small amount, would do this series some good.

Reactions: cdoyle and DCC
May 29, 2001
Sheridan, WY
I’m just bored with it. It’s apparent that it’s FH4 with a slightly Mexican themed map, but is other wise a copy/paste. It all feels like a chore to do anything at this point. Progression, even a small amount, would do this series some good.
I haven't even played it more than twice since i got it, fortunately i didn't have to pay because of my xbox subscription. And i agree, it just feels like FH4 with a different map.

Reactions: BeagleMe

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
Yeah, i'm pretty done with it for now. Whenever I get the itch to race i'll fire it up.

There really isn't anything left to try to accomplish - there's just too many 'accolades' for me to care.

Lacuta

:OG:
Oct 30, 2001
Ann Arbor, MI
I haven't even played it more than twice since i got it, fortunately i didn't have to pay because of my xbox subscription. And i agree, it just feels like FH4 with a different map.

I didn't play FH4 so still having fun with this one

Are there any major improvments/differences between FH4 and FH5, besides the map?

smell my finger

strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,
Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
You really shouldn't need to download any drivers, as Windows 10 will handle that shit. Might need to update your controller firmware through the Xbox though :dunno:

so I ended up fixing it, but I had to download the "Xbox Accessories" app for windows in order to update the drivers on my controller.

super happy it doesn't disconnect now, but kinda annoying that windows didn't update this automatically

Reactions: Downset

smell my finger

Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
also, the Xbox app for PC is trash.

more than half the time images for games and screens don't show up in the app, and you can't close the app with the X on the top right, and you can't launch games from it when the images don't show

May 8, 2001
Colorado
also, the Xbox app for PC is trash.

more than half the time images for games and screens don't show up in the app, and you can't close the app with the X on the top right, and you can't launch games from it when the images don't show
There's the old version and the new one. The new one had a lot of issues at launch. I usually don't have any problems with it anymore. The old one is far more basic and reliable.

smell my finger

Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
There's the old version and the new one. The new one had a lot of issues at launch. I usually don't have any problems with it anymore. The old one is far more basic and reliable.
this is whichever one came preloaded with win11, so probably the new one. its a nice launcher when it works, but super buggy for me

vr6vdub

Formz can't handle his emotions.
OT Supporter
Apr 11, 2009
nova
When I try to a multiplayer race/series, it counts down to zero then nothing happens. Am I missing something?

HipHopHead

My flow spill like using the wrong end of a funnel
Jul 18, 2001
Minnesota
Tried that.
Sometimes when I start an online race, once it hits zero I lose the HUD but I can still drive around. Sometimes for a minute+ but it eventually sucks me into the race. You're not missing anything, probably just buggy.

smell my finger

Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
I've played FH5 now for a few hours and it's getting really repetitive ... every sprint track feels genetically the same, every short race is three laps around some random track with slightly different turns. I hate having to drive to every new event. want to do something on the other side of the map? hope you have a extra 8 minutes to waste.

the car upgrades are random, it doesn't feel like om working toward anything. the best and most original run I found was a fan made initial d downhill run on an icy mountain, but I found that just by chance and not sure if I can reply it again without spending time driving back to a deserted part of the map.

I got a "barn find" notification and spent 10 minutes driving around the area and didn't find anything. fun.

game was interesting but getting stale quickly.

Reactions: BeagleMe
May 8, 2001
Colorado
I've played FH5 now for a few hours and it's getting really repetitive ... every sprint track feels genetically the same, every short race is three laps around some random track with slightly different turns. I hate having to drive to every new event. want to do something on the other side of the map? hope you have a extra 8 minutes to waste.

the car upgrades are random, it doesn't feel like om working toward anything. the best and most original run I found was a fan made initial d downhill run on an icy mountain, but I found that just by chance and not sure if I can reply it again without spending time driving back to a deserted part of the map.

I got a "barn find" notification and spent 10 minutes driving around the area and didn't find anything. fun.

Buy the Buena Vista mansion to unlock fast travel... but you'll need to collect the FT boards as well.

Can't say that I agree with the repetitive tracks :dunno:

You can pop into "drone" mode if you're really having that much a hard time finding barns. I usually swap into the Bronco you get at the start and drive around until I find it.

Have you been doing the Horizon Adventures?

BeagleMe

Nov 4, 2009
Claremont, CA/Adelaide, SA

They ruined the barn finds with this one. There used to be less of them, and they weren’t 90% cars that you could buy in the Autoshow from the previous game

Lacuta

:OG:
Oct 30, 2001
Ann Arbor, MI
Finally did some co-op campaign last night, was a lot of fun

best to have the person with most unlocks be the host, everyone will be able to race even if they're not far in the campaign yet. They'll also get to "borrow" the car of whatever the host is using for that race, so don't necessarily need vehicle unlocks for everyone either.

Also how they split players vs. the CPU on separate teams with joint points is nice

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterparl19