GAME Forza Horizon 5 is easily the best Forza game ever made. Probably the best racing game out now.

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
Just started playing it. Hoping to be able to drive the C8 a burn and get a feel for it.

Since this thread started I fired up FM7 and have been having a blast with it driving cars on Laguna Seca and the Ring. I never really did the in car camera years ago when I played nor did I know as much as I do know about driving things, so I've been able to drive better with better times. More importantly I've been able to get a feel for each car and its characteristics. Been driving cars I'm either familiar with or want to own at some point. Corvettes and Porsches mostly. Mostly. I've owned 2 C5 Z06s and after being in a few cars on Forza I bought a C5Z for the hell of it and went to take it out thinking it'll be meh and slow and its so old compared to this newer stuff. I'll be a mother fucker if it still wasnt my favorite car to drive on the game. Fucking little lightweight go kart compared to lots of the newer cars lol...the C5Z will always be so special to me :love:

Want to get a Cayman someday for sure. The Cayman Clubsport in FM7 is fucking wild, fun and hard to control at times :rofl:

off to get in the C8 and drive it...hopefully its realistic and not to arcade like, which I've heard Horizon is a lot more arcade than sim

Chirp08

Jan 26, 2008
Realized it was cheaper to just upgrade from gold to game pass ultimate than it was to buy this outright. Horizon 4 looked amazing on my PC so I can’t wait to try this. I’m more of a sim guy but the challenges are fun, along with the upgrading and customizing.

TS
TS
Dusty Busterson

Dusty Busterson

OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas
Horizon is more "fun" than the Motorsports titles. Physics are the same though, so you do have to drive properly.
Horizon physics have traditionally been a bit more arcadey but that doesn’t seem to be as much of the case in FH5. The physics engine was completely redone IIRC, they had three years to perfect 5 compared to the rush job that was FH4.

Reactions: vr6vdub

Chirp08

Jan 26, 2008
Horizon physics have traditionally been a bit more arcadey but that doesn’t seem to be as much of the case in FH5. The physics engine was completely redone IIRC, they had three years to perfect 5 compared to the rush job that was FH4.

The brakes were the biggest difference, you can basically stop on a dime from 200mph in the old ones. Haven’t driven 5 yet to see if that changed. Forza as a whole is more arcadey but the cars do perform in a predictable and expected manner, they are just way more forgiving vs a proper sim.

Divine

OT Supporter
Dec 31, 2004
Charlotte
The brakes were the biggest difference, you can basically stop on a dime from 200mph in the old ones. Haven’t driven 5 yet to see if that changed. Forza as a whole is more arcadey but the cars do perform in a predictable and expected manner, they are just way more forgiving vs a proper sim.
At the end of the day - Forza Horizon is supposed to be fun, not replicating all the unfavorable characteristics of cars. It doesn't pretend to but I found it quite a bit more enjoyable than any of the Forza Motorsport ones.

Reactions: Dusty Busterson

Boots

I'm wearing a disguise
Jul 2, 2001
🇨🇦
Would buy today and I could hit a button and unlock everything. I already have a job. I want to race whatever cars I want, not grind boring cars trying to make fake money.

• Haha
Reactions: Dusty Busterson

Janson

OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2003
Davidson, NC
You can have silly scenarios with realistic physics. I don't get it.

Not saying it is or isn't realistic physics, just that it seems irrelevant 🤔
If you have realistic physics then you drop a car or motorcycle out of an airplane those things will break on impact. The suspension would be absolutely destroyed.

rcm

Bully Troll Crew
OT Supporter
Dec 30, 2004
If you have realistic physics then you drop a car or motorcycle out of an airplane those things will break on impact. The suspension would be absolutely destroyed.
Oh didn't know what you were talking about because I haven't played tbh. Just talking out my ass here.

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
Horizon is more "fun" than the Motorsports titles. Physics are the same though, so you do have to drive properly.
Was reading a Forza dev on Renn list talk about how FH has a different team and plays more arcade like than FM, thats why I asked

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterparl19